Who is the least talented, but makes up for it with determination?

Question taken from the August issue of Transworld Motocross. This was answered by 48 anonymous professional racers.

The answers were:

1. Ryan Dungey - 46%
  2. Everyone is Talented - 30%
  3. Andrew Short - 10%
  4. Kyle Cunningham - 4%
  5. Justin Barcia - 4%
  6. John Dowd - 2%
  7. Tyla Rattray - 2%
  8. Brett Metcalfe - 2%

Let's see what the people of TT think. Take it away!

funny that they say dungey who looks the smoothest and most predictable every week, that translates into the most talented

Maybe they thought the question was who has the most determination to train and win ?

What a bullshit poll. Sounds like a poll Jlaw would start to make himself feel better after Dungey and Villipoto put a beat down on him. I would love to know who voted. If I was a pro racer and they asked me to vote on this I would wipe my ass with it. Where is Carmichael on this? Everyone knows he trained like crazy, obviously he had no talent and had to make up for it with his determination! ­čśĆ Looks like the least talented guy in motocross is gonna win both titles 2 years in a row.

What a bullshit poll. Sounds like a poll Jlaw would start to make himself feel better after Dungey and Villipoto put a beat down on him. I would love to know who voted. If I was a pro racer and they asked me to vote on this I would wipe my ass with it. Where is Carmichael on this? Everyone knows he trained like crazy, obviously he had no talent and had to make up for it with his determination! ­čśĆ Looks like the least talented guy in motocross is gonna win both titles 2 years in a row.

It is a stupid poll but I am guessing the GOAT wasn't on there because they were probably asking about ACTIVE racers. As for knowing who voted.....I think that is why they said anonymous.

Are we considering John Dowd an active racer? Anyhow, that's besides the point. I'm just saying it sounds like the people who took the survey were drinking some serious "haterade" haha. Calling someone who has beaten everyone who has lined up against him for the last two years "lacking talent" sounds like a pathetic last ditch jab by a bunch of bitter betties.

And yes I root for #5.

Are we considering John Dowd an active racer? Anyhow, that's besides the point. I'm just saying it sounds like the people who took the survey were drinking some serious "haterade" haha. Calling someone who has beaten everyone who has lined up against him for the last two years "lacking talent" sounds like a pathetic last ditch jab by a bunch of bitter betties.

And yes I root for #5.

Dowd raced last year altho I am not sure how anyone put him in that list but since there were only 49 asked only one of them said Dowd.

All 22 of the 49 were drinking haterade? I think there are a lot of people out there that understand the motorcycle gods, the stars are lined up perfect and the horseshoe is well placed for Dungey the last 2 years. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

exactly what he said. We all know that some people have more natural talent dungey. thats why he works so hard at it. I think pourcel has the most natural talent because his style looks so effortless and he doesnt work hard at all. He does cardio like twice a month as campared to dungey all the time. Hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard.

So what is talents excuse for not working while this guy is winning everything in sight? What I was trying to say is this poll just seems like a cheap shot to me. The motorcycle gods and horseshoes don't account for two years of winning. Having "talent" is a consolation prize if you aren't bringing home the hardware. We should start a poll "Who is the most talented but pisses it away," but that would just devolve into another jlaw thread.

So what is talents excuse for not working while this guy is winning everything in sight? What I was trying to say is this poll just seems like a cheap shot to me. The motorcycle gods and horseshoes don't account for two years of winning. Having "talent" is a consolation prize if you aren't bringing home the hardware. We should start a poll "Who is the most talented but pisses it away," but that would just devolve into another jlaw thread.

Don't turn this into another J-Law thread please. It's not cool, not cool. Isn't there a thread about him on the first page anyways?

I can see how people would vote for dungey. didn't he come into the pro's out of the b-class? he may have not had the most talent coming in but hard work and determination got him to where he is now. maybe even through a little luck in the mix.

Question taken from the August issue of Transworld Motocross. This was answered by 48 anonymous professional racers.

The answers were:

1. Ryan Dungey - 46%
  2. Everyone is Talented - 30%
  3. Andrew Short - 10%
  4. Kyle Cunningham - 4%
  5. Justin Barcia - 4%
  6. John Dowd - 2%
  7. Tyla Rattray - 2%
  8. Brett Metcalfe - 2%

Let's see what the people of TT think. Take it away!

If winning every weekend constitutes being the "least talented," I'll take that label any day.