Anyone wanna go ride Arrowhead/Big Bear area Aug 27-29 ?

Looks like this is gonna turn into a full trip for me. And the wife is itching to ride so bring the wives if you got-em. Yolanda will be riding her Raptor 250 quad. She will be doing the fun two track around Pinnacles in the trees but no bouldering.

Saturday is wife riding... ๐Ÿ˜ Monday I have to work.

I'll be riding with you crazy bastards Friday, Sunday, Tuesday.

Leaving Pinnacles to ride each day at 9AM. Stage with me or ride up from Silverwood if you like. Just drag your arse on out you lazy bass-turds !

Jeff aka BOLT

• 2 weeks later...

I'm making this WR worth my time and will be ready by then.

I'm not sure where you are staging from. I'm green sticker of course and would be interested in camping out for those few days. Where Ya going to be at? Simple directions/map are helpful. Thanks! -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

I'll be on the upper deck at Pinnacles.

Directions to my rides are always at RIDERS on the ride page.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=34.297377,+-117.201848&sll=34.28417,-117.255707&sspn=0.15375,0.247536&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

138 to 173 through Arrowhead. Stay on 173 as you cross the damn and pass the hospital. Another 8 miles and Pinnacles Staging is on your right. Can't miss it. You'll know it's coming up fast as you pass a Ranger Office... a Gun Range... and cross a cattle guard.

Ignore any signs that say the road is closed... IT'S A LIE ! :banana: It was closed for years and they never changed the signs but it IS OPEN.

Roughly, on a scale of 1 to 10, how technical is the green sticker route?

I consider myself a novice and don't like to get in over my head (pace wise).

And how many miles is the green sticker route?

I have 4 gallon tank but a 500cc 2T.

-BIG DAN:thumbsup:

I love the mountains and never get to look around too much while riding on a big boy TT ride. I will be there for the noob ride, so I can check out the fat scenery and hang out with ya! Then I'm positive i'll be down to ride the next day on more "scientific" trails. -BIG DAN HAS A POSSE:thumbsup:

This week has been prep for this trip... As this is a new bike to me.

Checked out LOTS of reviews on tires, heard alot of practical testimony from other riders. Funny how, as americans, we ask for all these damn choices, then ends up just confusing us more!

The Good:

-New fork seals are installed in my KYB's.

-New rear Soft/Intermediate from Maxxis made the cut!

-Old school (brand new) K490 for the front... I like the old K490 intermediate fronts. Lots of turning grip!:bonk:

-Oil Change (ATF)

-Air filter cleaned

The Bad:

-Ugly ass, spray painted:foul:, "Darth Maul" plastics still on there... It's not pretty!

-I'm still the rider:bonk:

So, BOLT, where you stage is where you camp? And you can have a tent? Whats the cost? I've never been to big bear...

-BIG DAN:thumbsup:

I have been wanting to go on one of these for a while now, I just have to motivate myself for a 3.5 hour drive to get there...:bonk:

I dont have a green sticker bike except a CRF250x, I wanna ride my 450!!

But a ride is a ride..I just need some seat time, been off the bike for waaay to long..

I'l try to motivate myself to do a long drive..

Yes I am staging and camping at Pinnacles. Tent is fine where I am. You do need an adventure pass available at Jensen's market you pass on 173.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.254201,-117.173449&num=1&t=h&sll=34.24834,-117.189208&sspn=0.073802,0.128059&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=34.253567,-117.173299&spn=0.002603,0.00567&z=18

Remember. Saturday is a beginner ride. Sunday intermediates and up.

See you there ! :bonk: