handguards for 2010 530 EXC

Forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse, I did a couple of searches and couldn't come up with a definitive answer. I'm looking for a set of handguards for my 2010 530 EXC that won't interfere with the controls or my ability to adjust my levers to the level that I'm comfortable with(turned down as opposed to flat). I've already tried the EnduroEngineering "Evolution" debris deflectors.They look like a high quality product but try as I might, I just can't find a way to make them work. The inner bar clamp mounts in an area that is just too crowded on this model. I'm looking into the Cyrca Probend center reach system but was wondering if there were other options.

Thanks!

Bryan Bosch, one of the co-owners has these on his 08 450XCRW and I cannot imagine him being able to run anything else since the controls/computer is in the way.

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/22_62/products_id/491?osCsid=eba67e3e342867953b84cfe0b6247c9d

Give us a shout, we can set you up with a set for your bike at less than PMBs retail. 866-674-6788

I just installed Acerbis hand guards on my 2010 450 EXC . . . they work/fit fine . . . I'd like to angle them down a bit more but the front turn signals are in the way. The turn signals are flexible and will bend down a bit, but it bugs me cuz when angled down they look like goat ears to me.

Highway Dirtbikes are the best I've seen/used.

I'd never heard of Highway Dirtbikes until this post but those things look like they would explode into a mess of plastic and flesh lacerating shrapnel with one or two offroad rides. The bike they're pictured on looks like it has about 0.2 hours on it. They seem like an interesting concept and I'd be keen to see some pics of them after being ridden hard and put away wet.

Edited by Cold Smoke

I had cycra pro bends on a crf250x that bent easier than anything I have ever seen. I endoed down a hill yesterday, in the dustiest hare scramble the east coast has ever seen, and bent my right ktm hard parts hand guard down ( the ones that look like EE guards). Anyone know of anything stronger than these?

I'd never heard of Highway Dirtbikes until this post but those things look like they would explode into a mess of plastic and flesh lacerating shrapnel with one or two offroad rides. The bike they're pictured on looks like it has about 0.2 hours on it. They seem like an interesting concept and I'd be keen to see some pics of them after being ridden hard and put away wet.

You might take a look at their website, I think they can out last most other guards. The reason I put them on is because the bike gets driven into the ground on occasion. Compare...http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=display&ref=handguardfeature&sid=dpd71m88pfe2658726yf6f00n0o57t27

How dramatic!

I have smashed into / bounced off of hundreds of trees with HDB guards and they still look identical to the ones in the photos, only with more scratches.

Let's see some pics.

Explain why you think "they would explode into a mess of plastic and flesh lacerating shrapnel with one or two offroad rides" and I will post pics to show you that they won't.

Explain why you think "they would explode into a mess of plastic and flesh lacerating shrapnel with one or two offroad rides" and I will post pics to show you that they won't.

The mirrors look like they'll get snagged, twisted and broken off. I'm not here to argue or get in a pissing match over which handguards are best. I like the looks of the HDB guards but everything looks great when it's brand new. I'm interested to see what they look like after a year or two of use.

i have the cycra probends with the standard clamps...and they will roll down fine and are very durable...you DO need to bend them around a bit to get them to the right shape to fit the bar angle...you gotta tweak the cycra bar on all applications i have done...

The mirrors look like they'll get snagged, twisted and broken off.

When the mirror is tucked behind the handguard, it's more protected than many other more critical components. I do take the mirror off for enduros, however, as it only takes a minute.

Here're some pics of HDB guards on a dirty bike:

iph003.jpg

hdb005.jpg

hdb004.jpg