Why does everybody b!tch...

Well all I hear is debates between 2 strokes and 4 strokes. honestly I RIDE BOTH. The thing that kills me is that with 4 strokes all you hear is people complaining about how they break change oil ALLL the time and air filters and just baby the hell out of it. Then I see people who ride their precious 2 strokes cause they are "bullet proof". I ride this piss out of my bikes day after day lap after lap mile after mile (you get the point) and all i do is change the oil every once in a while when i see its a black whole in the window and the air filter is reused after a good cleaning. YES THIS IS FOR ALL OF MY BIKES and i have never had a blown motor on my 4 strokes but one freak accident on my cr 2 years back.

Pretty much the point of my ramble is can people PLEASE shut up about how they hate 4 strokes and they are time bombs but who knows, maybe they are, but everything i touch turns to gold ๐Ÿ˜

nick

05 ttr125l

97 cr125

04 rm125

07 yz250f

i have both as well so with that in mind please hear this: motorcycles, more specifically dirt bikes for this conversation, KICK ASS, regardless or stroke, displacement, brand, color, creed or any other division you can come up with. (except kawasakis, for some reason, i just don't like them, not counting the zx7rr or coarse. again that is nonsense.)

quit your bitching! if you are bitching it is most likely because you are trying to solidify your position as to why you have made the purchase you have made. quit trying to convert the wicked, ride what you have, live and let live, and shut the hell up.

thank you Dr whoever you were sophomore college philosophy professor for opening my eyes as to why people babble about stupid nonsense they don't really believe.

I have a 2007 crf450r with kyb a kit and a 2002 cr125 with clapped out suspension and I still have more fun on the 125, but thats not to say I don't like my 450. They are both awesome, just in different ways. You can't say that all that power of a 450 is not fun!

Originally Posted by howell

:cheers::ride:^^^ no ive rebuilt plenty of motors maybe my bikes are just magic

that's not what you typed in your first post, so which is it?

Sarcasm is lost in forums. ๐Ÿ˜

Preach on, brother howell! ๐Ÿ˜

i ride both two and four strokes blown up both as well both of them are amazing its all personal choice you ride what you ride.

nothing is wrong with either stroke its just how you ride your bike and maintain it.

I JUST LOVE DIRTBIKES

I was thinking about writing a thread about this exact same issue yesterday. All I read about is oh yeah 4 strokes are so much maintenance you gotta adjust valves all the time change oil all the time and they still blow up. Sure, some bikes are more prone to eating valves and blowing up, but who's to know which bike? Alot of trash for that goes towards hondas but alot of people have NO trouble with them. Every brand of bike somewhere somehow will have a problem with it. Not every single dirt bike can be perfect, no not even 2 strokes.

I do exactly the same amount of maintenance on my Husky 450 that I've done on every other bike I've owned, all 6 of them. 2 strokes and 4. The only bikes I've had to rebuild out of those were a PW80 and KX60.

You don't have to do as much maintenance as you think on 4 strokes, IMO the only different type of maintenance between the 2 is valves. I check mine once a year.

Sure, everyone says rebuilding a 4 stroke is alot more expensive than a 2. NOT TRUE. If you blow up the 4 then yes it may do. If you just replace the piston, rings, and cam chain, You can do that for under 300.