Let's hear your vote!!! KLR650 or DS650s

OK, here's the $64k question! which bike is the best for dual sport riding?

I have narrowed down my choise between the Kawasaki KLR650 and the Suzuki DS650s,

I rode the KLR for a few days already, till it broke ๐Ÿ˜ actually I own the bike, it's a 1990 in really good cosmetic shape, but unfortunately, the engine just quit working on my way to work a week ago, I've been told it could be the timing chain or something, but anyway, I really love how the bike rode and I need to do some more of that ๐Ÿ˜

I'm looking at bikes between 2000 and 2007, and the prices are very comparable, and not bad at all, I do see more KLRs for sale than DS', and with more miles on the KLRs too

If you had the choice, which one would you choose???

Let's hear it!

Oh, and if there's any suggestions on another brand that compares to these bikes, feel free to chime in :cheers:

Thanks in advance and ride safe!!!

-Jerry

I like the Honda XR idea, wondering how comfortable that is for street riding...?

I'm planning on doing 75% street and 25% dirt riding, I guess the KLR may be the way to go between these two bikes ๐Ÿ˜

BTW, the problem with my KLR was the spark plug, popped off the head and lost spark ๐Ÿ˜ glad it was a cheap fix!