HOTCAM Exhaust Install-think I've blown it!!

Everything was set correctly but when i rotated the crank i didn't have the cam chain tensioner on and it must have skipped.

Now whenever I line up TDC I cant get either exhaust or intake close to 10 to 2.

As I'm only using the Hotcam exhaust, I figure if I at least realign the SM intake one back to approx. 2 o'clock and with the number '3' as stamped on it, I can then align the HC exhaust baxk to approx 10 o'clock?

does that sound right?

The chain looks too slack in between the two cams, i think its a tooth out on the exhaust looking at that , that dot isnt a timing mark, tbh im not sure that hotcams even come pre degreed , post a pic up of the front of both pulleys like you have done with other side of the cams .

Personally I think I'm 1 tooth off of exhaust side, can anyone who looks at the pics below confirm?

In this one you can see how the dot is not level with the head surface, I marked it with a red circle, click on thumbnail for better look.

th_IMG_3253.jpg

here is the exhaust cam lobe position

th_IMG_3245.jpg

Slightly blurry but closer up

th_IMG_3246.jpg

Daffy , you cannot count pins when you use hotcams . Use the timing marks from the factory on your standard cam and the three marks on the hotcam . In the pic the hotcam looks about a tooth out , greg

Thanks Greg, I think I'm one tooth off as well, see above pics I've just taken and posted.Exhaust lobe is closer to 11 o'clock, by going one tooth more towards head surface I think it will be correct.

And you know the stupid error that caused all this was I forgot to put CCT in when I rotated the crank the first time after cam install, I soon figured out what the grinding noise was, the cam chain jumping the sprocket teeth!

FYI intakes are still within spec since BB fitment, no change still sitting at .015mm (7000klm ago) and exhaust has dropped from .025 to .023.