2007 wr250f

I am new to thumpertalk and have read several threads about free mods.

I have a 2007 WR250F and want to improve the get up! It is stock.

Does the 2007 throttle stop need to be shorter?

Should I remove the ASI and where do I get a kit?

Disconecting the grey wire behind the rear left number plate?

Remove the can baffel?

Sut the air box lid and remove snorkels?

I have seen a lot about these "free Mods" and want to get my bike up and running to its potential. I am not sure about the 2007 as most of what I have read has been 06 and older.

Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

"Ride Safe" 😏:ride:

Does the 2007 throttle stop need to be shorter?

Yes.

Should I remove the ASI and where do I get a kit?

Yes.

I have a 2009 WR-250F (practically the same bike as your 2007 model), and I used the Yamaha GTY-R AIS removal kit shown in their accessory catalogue.

You can order the kit through any Yamaha motorcycle dealer, either in a real brick-and-mortar store talking with somebody behind the counter, or on an Internet Yamaha parts retailer.

Although removing the AIS parts is good because it rids the bike of some useless EPA crap that only gets in your way, the real benefit of this kit is that it comes with a shorter throttle stop screw, a jet kit, and instructions to perform the other "free mods" you're wondering about.

Disconecting the grey wire behind the rear left number plate?

Yes.

See above.

Remove the can baffel?

Yes, but only the tiny insert that's riveted in place.

This is also shown in the GYT-R AIS removal kit instructions.

If you remove the bolted-in spark arrester, the bike will get pretty loud.

My opinion is that although removing this tiny insert from the stock muffler helps a lot, the stock muffler is still too plugged-up if you're looking for power (even if you perform a popular backyard mod of drilling-out the rear baffle wall inside the muffler).

I'd only use the stock muffler if you were riding in a spot where keeping the bike as quiet as possible were extremely important.

I'm using a complete FMF system with a Powerbomb header and Titanium Q muffler.

BIG improvement over the uncorked stock muffler with much better power and throttle response - I've been riding my WR every Sunday in my local state forest (AKA rock pile 😏 ), and I'm still impressed with how much low end pulling power this exhaust system has unleashed from the bike, while still having more power everywhere else.

It's louder, but still not loud enough to be obnoxious and is a very good balance of sound and power output.

Well worth the money.

Sut the air box lid and remove snorkels?

Just remove the snorkels at the top of the airbox (under the seat).

This is also shown in the GYT-R AIS removal kit instructions.

I have seen a lot about these "free Mods" and want to get my bike up and running to its potential. I am not sure about the 2007 as most of what I have read has been 06 and older.

If you do what I did, your WR will rip like it was meant to.

The reason your searching for info shows older models is probably because nobody has written and posted this stuff since 2006, feeling that the ideas are close enough.

YXEtc

Thank you very much!!! The information you have provided is a great help. I was looking at the FMF pipes last night and believe I will go that direction. I am going to try and find the GTY-R AIS removal kit and go from there. I believe first I am going to install the kit and do what it says and see how it goes.

What Jets are you running in you 09?

Again thanks for the Help!!! I will post again the outcome after I find the kit!

The stuff your yamaha dealer can sell you.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acsubcontaineritems/5/66/55/2301/all/1.aspx

This is a little bigger ID than stock with the center pipe removed from it, will flow way better:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/66/55/2301/all/2/6872/0/detail.aspx

Ais removal kit with new jets and a YZ throttle stop screw:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/66/55/2301/all/2/6228/0/detail.aspx

Get a fuel screw so you can adjust the idle with your fingers, Does not have to be this one, there are many brands out there:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/66/55/2301/all/2/6550/0/detail.aspx

Don't even waste your money on the insert. Been there, done that. I noticed no difference in performance from it and it barely makes any different sound from stock. Better off buying a YZ250F canister for about the same price.