YZ125 Sound

Sounds like his first time on a 2 stroke perioud. Hes not on the pipe and you have to ring the 125s neck to be on the pipe, especially a 125. After i was ridin my YZ250, jumped on my friends 125, totlay diff story, but i got used to it in a sec.

Sounds like his first time on a 2 stroke perioud. Hes not on the pipe and you have to ring the 125s neck to be on the pipe, especially a 125. After i was ridin my YZ250, jumped on my friends 125, totlay diff story, but i got used to it in a sec.

It's me! ๐Ÿ˜

What you mean ring the 125s neck to be on the pipe?

Any other advices? thanks!

This vid for example..... all about clutch control, it will take a sec to get used to it (on my 125, it took me a while) and that bogging needs to go! n these 125s you need to shift a lot more so in a corner wher you bogged, shift down

Thank you very much for that video. Is there any products that solve the bogging problem if I don't wanna shift down? ๐Ÿ˜

I like 3rd gear and 4th gear, but I tried 2nd gear too.

Wouldn't powershifting mess up my gearing on my bike? like I powershift down to 2nd gear for the corener without using clutch and shift up right after that without the clutch too?

Thanks

you could powershift going up, but always use the clutch to go down. Just practice more on the bike, shift down right before you get in the corner, use the clutch to get out but fast, just pracice a lot, i was in the same stuation as you were, these 125s need a lot of shifting and reving. Change the oil after 2 rides

you could powershift going up, but always use the clutch to go down. Just practice more on the bike, shift down right before you get in the corner, use the clutch to get out but fast, just pracice a lot, i was in the same stuation as you were, these 125s need a lot of shifting and reving. Change the oil after 2 rides

Okay I can try that, but why always use clutch to shift down? isn't it backwards? Revving the RPMs up while using the clutch to shift up? Haha I don't know anything about these precious bikes!!

Are the oil brands different for the 2 strokes? Jeeeze I need to order a 07 125 Manual..

What oil changing brand you use??

Thanks for the fast response!

There are tons of choices out there as far as oil goes. Does it really matter what you get? Not really, as long as it's made for wet clutches. But make sure to change it regularly.

As far as staying on the pipe, my biggest problem was being afraid to downshift and rev it hard. These bikes like to be revved to the moon. I used to bog out of corners like you, but I had to get out of my old mindset and keep the rpm's up no matter what.

As said before...

*keep the rpm's up

*shift a lot

*the clutch is your friend, use it to control the power

You need to use that clutch coming out of corners. Pull it in, rev it and slip it on the exits and youll come out way faster, thats just how you need to ride these little bikes, itll seem like your beating the hell out of it at first, but youll notice thats how everyone else rides a 125.

You need to use that clutch coming out of corners. Pull it in, rev it and slip it on the exits and youll come out way faster, thats just how you need to ride these little bikes, itll seem like your beating the hell out of it at first, but youll notice thats how everyone else rides a 125.

Ooo I was afraid of that! Thought if I held the clutch and rev the piss outta it, it would blow up.

Huh I gotta ride now!!

@Dirtysnow, thanks! I was just afraid of blowing it up, but I guess the 125 is made for revving the piss outta it unlike the 4T. I gotta get my mindset off the 4stroke and my RM-Z250 haha!

where in cali is that track

It's a private track owned by my dad's boss's son who owns the track but lets me and my dad ride it since we know them. It's poorly groomed/watered, but it'll do! ๐Ÿ˜

So shift down or Abuse the clutch? ๐Ÿ˜ Both? :cheers:

Look at this video haha! This KTM 144sx tells everyone to get the hell out because the beast is here!!@@

Person's eye of view:

First of all, I would pull the top end apart and inspect it. Do you know how many hours it has on it? There could be a worn out oem piston inside ready to come apart and ruin your day. A new top end is 120 bucks, but a cylinder replate or new crank is around 3-400. Cheap insurance.

Pull out the jets and see where you are at. If you are seeing black crap come out of the silencer or the joints most likely you are running rich. Since you are in socal (I assume) its hot and therefore probably running rich. Start with the air screw 1 turn out. Then go one step down on the pilot and see how it responds. If its better, cool. If the bike barely idles or surges then dies you know your too lean on the pilot. If you can get it to idle fine with .5 turns out, your golden. Now, Try going up one clip position on the needle and see how it runs. You spend most of your time in the needle range so it makes a big difference. Then go down on the main. Pay attention to the bike under a load to make sure its not pinging. It will sound like marbles bouncing around in the motor. If you hear it then you need to go richer on one or more of your circuits in order to avoid doing damage, usually the clip or main.

Its amazing what a simple jet change will do. Run at least 32:1 or more. More oil never hurts!

Forged piston

Proper jetting

Lots of oil

Clean airfilter

With those things your 125 will last a long time.

First of all, I would pull the top end apart and inspect it. Do you know how many hours it has on it? There could be a worn out oem piston inside ready to come apart and ruin your day. A new top end is 120 bucks, but a cylinder replate or new crank is around 3-400. Cheap insurance.

Pull out the jets and see where you are at. If you are seeing black crap come out of the silencer or the joints most likely you are running rich. Since you are in socal (I assume) its hot and therefore probably running rich. Start with the air screw 1 turn out. Then go one step down on the pilot and see how it responds. If its better, cool. If the bike barely idles or surges then dies you know your too lean on the pilot. If you can get it to idle fine with .5 turns out, your golden. Now, Try going up one clip position on the needle and see how it runs. You spend most of your time in the needle range so it makes a big difference. Then go down on the main. Pay attention to the bike under a load to make sure its not pinging. It will sound like marbles bouncing around in the motor. If you hear it then you need to go richer on one or more of your circuits in order to avoid doing damage, usually the clip or main.

Its amazing what a simple jet change will do. Run at least 32:1 or more. More oil never hurts!

Forged piston

Proper jetting

Lots of oil

Clean airfilter

With those things your 125 will last a long time.

Thank you so much! Now I need to know where's the clip, main, pilot, air turn screw is.. ๐Ÿ˜ and gotta get meself a 07 125 Manual!

I don't see any smooges coming out the silencer though. It's stock!

EDIT: No no I think my jetting is fine. My bike died twice in that riding video and it was because of me not holding the clutch in while revving and I was at 3rd time in those corners!

My dad said we live 400 Feet above sea level and he said don't move anything as it runs fine. The Bike doesn't dies when standing still or in neutral.

Nonetheless, and I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but I'll still be getting a manual for my bike to learn more about the 2T... ๐Ÿ˜

Thank you so much! Now I need to know where's the clip, main, pilot, air turn screw is.. ๐Ÿ˜ and gotta get meself a 07 125 Manual!

I don't see any smooges coming out the silencer though. It's stock!

Hahaha! You should be able to loosen the clamps on both sides and twist the carb to the right and access the drain bolt on the bottom. There will be the main and pilot jets. Turn it left or counterclockwise and you pull off the top cap and out comes the slide. Inside the slide will be your needle and clip. I'm sure there are some threads with pictures. ๐Ÿ˜

If you get it leaned out and running perfect it will sound nice and crisp.

Also, you dont need to use the clutch to shift at all. Especially downshifting. Once you pull in the clutch when downshifting you lose the grip provided by the engine and your bike can either die or you miss a shift and go down in the corner with bike wide open lol.

Upshifting you should be slipping the clutch slightly just to keep the rpms up into every gear so that the rpms never drop. It makes it sound like your riding it with one seamless gear.

Look at this video haha! This KTM 144sx tells everyone to get the hell out because the beast is here!!@@

Person's eye of view:

That's an awesome video. Check this one out too...

His riding style is a little overboard but you get the idea. The only time you hear the engine chug and gurgle is on the starting line. After the gate drops, its music to my ears ๐Ÿ˜

Also, you dont need to use the clutch to shift at all. Especially downshifting. Once you pull in the clutch when downshifting you lose the grip provided by the engine and your bike can either die or you miss a shift and go down in the corner with bike wide open lol.

Upshifting you should be slipping the clutch slightly just to keep the rpms up into every gear so that the rpms never drop. It makes it sound like your riding it with one seamless gear.

what! This other guy told me to pull the clutch in while downshifting while revving in the corners, now you tell me this! Well at least you tell me why...

Well today I rode again and I'll be posting it up the video, but in some corners I would have the gear down because some dude on TT told me I should.. blah!

I agree with upshifting while slipping the clutch, it gives a boost!

what! This other guy told me to pull the clutch in while downshifting while revving in the corners, now you tell me this! Well at least you tell me why...

Well today I rode again and I'll be posting it up the video, but in some corners I would have the gear down because some dude on TT told me I should.. blah!

I agree with upshifting while slipping the clutch, it gives a boost!

Of course you clutch but only at the apex of the turn. Brake into the turn clutch engaged then power out. Braaappp