05 yz250 front brake is weak

hey guys has anyone else noticed a weak front brake on 05 yz250s?

also my front wheel bearings are bad and theres a wable to the front wheel that i can feel in the air. they made a squeaking sound when unloading the bike so i put new pads on it and it still squeaks with the same amount of braking power...hardly ANY...i mean i have to SQUEEZ to get any power out of it....could it be the fact that the front wheel bearings are bad and the pads are not seating?

I have a 2005 Yz250 and my front brake is pretty good. I have heard others say that their front brake feel spongy, but I think mine feels good. If you already know your front wheel bearings are bad, a good hint might be to replace them. Your brakes should have nothing to do with your wheel bearing anyway. Most likely you have some air in your brake line. Read up on how to bleed your brakes and do that. Replace those wheel bearings. Make sure all your spokes are tightened. Make sure your caliper is tightened down. Make sure your axle nut it tightened. Get a shop manual and keep up on maintenance.

With bad wheel bearings the disc can be wobbling back and forth and pushing on the pads, pushing the pistons into the caliper. So when you grab the lever you need to pull it further to bring the pads to the disc and start grabbing. Works the same as a bent rotor.

Not saying you don't need to bleed the brakes, that can never hurt. Just explaining how wheel bearings can effect brakes.

With the wobble it would be possible not to get 100% pad coverage and only the edges either front or back etc.

Get the bearings fixed, make sure the rotor is true and make sure that it is clean along with the pads and you'll love the front brakes. I have an 05 250 and the front brakes dish out good stopping power!

On one of my old china bikes it used to squeel when I moved it or rode it, so I sprayed some WD40 on the rear wheel bolt and it went away.

lol,

Little did I know at the time, but the rear bearings were completely locked up and would not move so the wheel was riding on the shaft and not the bearings!!!!

This explained why I couldn't tighten the bolt all the way and to have the wheel lock up.

Is your front wheel bolt nice and tight?

The wheel spacers should not spin when you spin the tire, they should be nice and tight against the bearings and only the wheel will spin.

Just a thought, could explain the squeeling or maybe not.

yeah its torqed to spec. its gotta be the fact that the bearings are shot and the disc wobbles against the pads.

Well, finally an 05 that has recieved poorer maint than mine! While the previous posts are accurate, my suggestion is to replace the brake fluid, makes a world of difference! Then rebleed. Also when all done take the cover off the resovoir, and push your knee hard into the caliper, ten bucks says you'll see tiny bubbles in the reservoir and your brakes will be awesome.