Any Chance?

That Yamaha is gonna come out with a 450 dualpurpose anytime soon? I am in the market for a dual sport and luv Yammi's but not to sure the 250x will have enuff for me. I have a 250f but from what I have read here there really is no comparison. I also have a Yamaha Raider which is 1854cc of pure grunt but I just dont ride it enuff to keep it so I'm thinkin I wanna combine the two. I have owned a dr 650 and it was alot of fun but to bulky and heavy for off road riding other than fire roads. Any input is much appreciated.

Nobody outside the Yamaha factory knows for sure.

There's always plenty of speculation with the usual, ...I know a Yamaha salesman really well, and he says that they are...blah, blah, blah..., but take anything like that with a big grain of salt.

On one hand, I'd like the thought of a modern dual-purpose 450 from Yamaha, but, on the other hand, we all know it'll be choked-down with disgusting EPA regs that would have to be defeated, and would probably be at least 290lbs in dry weight, which is considered heavy by lots of dirt riders.

Basically, I'd basically expect a larger version of the WR-250R, a decent bike for sure, but fairly conservative overall.

Flip a coin, because nobody knows until you read about it on Yamaha's own consumer website. ­čśĆ