sprocket/ chain length question, opinion please

right noe I have a new 14/42 chain set up with the adjusters on 3.5, with 1inch play in chain. about 300miles so I wouldnt think theres much stretch in the chain.

I want to go to 14/45,

I should go up two teeth and still not have a problem with this chain should I? i think I should have plenty of room. what do you think?

I have a 14/45 setup on the stock chain and it works great. No issues with chain length. I got the 45 from Jesse and I believe he sells that sprocket because it works with the stock chain. I am not sure about 15/45 because I hae never tried it. I haven't tried it because the gearing would be the same as the stock 15/42. So there's no point unless you are switching the front sprocket at the trail after riding the highway to get there.

I bookmarked the "gearing commander" website. That is awesome! For some reason I love looking at graphs... It lists the stock final drive as 15/41. Stock is 42 on the rear, correct?

I have a 14/45 setup on the stock chain and it works great. No issues with chain length. I got the 45 from Jesse and I believe he sells that sprocket because it works with the stock chain. I am not sure about 15/45 because I hae never tried it. I haven't tried it because the gearing would be the same as the stock 15/42. So there's no point unless you are switching the front sprocket at the trail after riding the highway to get there.

I bookmarked the "gearing commander" website. That is awesome! For some reason I love looking at graphs... It lists the stock final drive as 15/41. Stock is 42 on the rear, correct?

yes 42

gearing commander 😏

where can i find a 17t front or larger? I want to drop my cruising rpms cause u got to be able to cruise at 80 around here in atlanta without getting run over.

I run 85+ on a 14t why would u need a 17t it would be gut less.

well it seems that at 80mph on the stock gearing iam probably running around 5200 rpms. A little high for long trips.

I find that strange you think that's high. but everyone's different 😏

kientech.com has a 16t you may can do a cross reference and get a 17t

16/44 just fits with the stock length chain.

15/45 would be the same as 14/42 but should last longer with the bigger front.