Who hammers beer at the track?

Just got back from a race, watchin some fags last night poundin beers before they went to race Sunday. I will admit, I'll drink 2 or 3 the night before a race if were just hangin out, but 2 cases? a keg? Really?

Or, maybe you know "that guy" who drinks all day then goes out and rides. Its crazy the track doesn't control this!

Who else does this? Or knows someone who does?

If you can wake up and compete more power to you, either way I wouldn't care,of look at it as an advantage.

+1. If you drink a couple beers or a 6 pack either way your gonna be groggy and dehydrated. It's their loss. That being said I've gotten drunk the night before a race and as soon as I got to the track and took a drink of water I threw up the beer from the night before. I still managed to win my class but I had probably the sloppiest technique ever . People could probably tell I was hung over by the way I was riding lol.

So what's the amount of beer you can drink before your a fag anyways?

This guy knows how to party

IMG_5231.jpg

Maybe a little too hard

IMG_5239.jpg

Most of my riding buddies will have a beer towards the end of a long ride or race to relieve cramps. I don't try it because I'm lightweight enough that one beer could waste me, but it works for them.

Your post reminds me of a guy I ride with. I missed that ride, but he went out to the woods with his neighbor, and the guy bought a 12 pack, and finished it without sharing. Every stop, he was done with his beer and cigarette before my friend caught up. After the beer was gone, he was still smoking everyone there. My buddy was pissed that someone could be talented enough to be faster than him while hammered. Anyways, you just reminded me of that.

Edit: just realized I'm making a habit of using those pictures for beer thread.

Edited by OrangeYZ
  • Like 1

i love the people that show up to the track set a huge camp and drink all day.

My buddy was pissed that someone could be talented enough to be faster than him while hammered. Anyways, you just reminded me of that.
haha ya that really would suck but maybe hes just has no deaf and hitting a tree in 3rd is not a problem when you cant fell anything

AMA Rule Book Section 1.1.A.5

All race personnel, officials, riders, mechanics and anyone

associated with riders and photographers must not

consume or be under the influence of intoxicants or drugs

that could affect their normal mental or physical ability.

Besides affecting the safety of the meet, any such use is

inconsistent with the concept of good sportsmanship and

is harmful to the sport of motorcycling.

With that said, I do not and will not be on the track at the same time as someone that is hung over, or under the influence of alcohol and/or illegal drugs.

With that said, I do not and will not be on the track at the same time as someone that is hung over, or under the influence of alcohol and/or illegal drugs.

haha WOW! you have GOT to be kidding. now I mean no offense by this, but you really need to lighten up a little bit. this comes from a guy who carries a concealed gun 24/7 "just in case"... can you say paranoid? quit being to high strung and scared that other people are going to kill you, thats life. get over it. you dont even want to be on the track as someone that is hungover?! give me a friggin break!!

same rules on the road, but do you have ANY idea how many drivers on the road RIGHT now are hungover, stoned, drunk, or distracted in ANY way? I bet about 80% so are you going to stop driving on the roads too?

I think you need to take up a new sport.. maybe golf or something.. actually nevermind, im pretty sure drinking is not only allowed in golf, but encouraged + the golf carts.. oh god forget I even mentioned that.. maybe internet poker or something? nah.. potential scams + possible foul language in a chat room! let me guess, you dont have sex or impure thoughts either? 😏

but anyways, back to the beer thing...

you guys dont seem to have a problem, why is that? its because you ride at the track... youre never like what? 100 feet from the truck at the furthest point in the day?

I go out riding with people that are 1. hungover. 2. hungover + still drinking to "not feel as hungover" anymore. 3. just getting off a 12 hour night shift at 8am with barely any sleep before that, drinking till noon until im ready to ride, go out and continue to drink as were 40+ km (1 hour of riding) deep in the forest. now that is what concerns me and I dont like riding with those kind of friends and try to keep it to a minimum.

random hungover guy on a track? give me a break.

working with a hungover guy? now thats a different story.

riding XXkm deep in the forest with a hungover and/or drunk guy? also a different story.

Alcoholics, that's who.

If a person cannot refrain from consuming alcohol before riding a high powered, very fast machine that is barely within their ability to control even when they are 100% on their game, then maybe it's time to start heading for a meeting with Bill W.

Either that, or they're just stupid.

AMA Rule Book Section 1.1.A.5

All race personnel, officials, riders, mechanics and anyone

associated with riders and photographers must not

consume or be under the influence of intoxicants or drugs

that could affect their normal mental or physical ability.

Besides affecting the safety of the meet, any such use is

inconsistent with the concept of good sportsmanship and

is harmful to the sport of motorcycling.

Well I guess it's a good thin the majority of the mx races aren't AMA sanctioned. You best believe if I go watch my buddie race I'm gonna be drunk. Your not gonna race with someone that's hungover?😏🤣

i shotgun a beer and smoke a joint before riding or hare scramble racing, the weed gets me paranoid and the beer calmes me down, it naturally balances itself. but i get the worst cramps during and after, hope this helps:thumbsup:

• Like 1

haha WOW! you have GOT to be kidding. now I mean no offense by this, but you really need to lighten up a little bit. this comes from a guy who carries a concealed gun 24/7 "just in case"... can you say paranoid? quit being to high strung and scared that other people are going to kill you, thats life. get over it. you dont even want to be on the track as someone that is hungover?! give me a friggin break!!

I do not carry concealed 24/7, and have never made a claim that I do. Concealed carry is illegal in Illinois.

And no, I don’t want to be on the track with drunks and drug addicts. If it doesn’t bother you, fine. I won’t do it, and I won’t let my kids on the track with POS drunks and drug addicts either. And yes, that can be controlled. We race select AMA events and tracks that enforce the rules, they are out there.

same rules on the road, but do you have ANY idea how many drivers on the road RIGHT now are hungover, stoned, drunk, or distracted in ANY way? I bet about 80% so are you going to stop driving on the roads too?

80% of every motorist on the highway is drunk? That’s foolish talk, and the ounce of creditability you had is long gone.

random hungover guy on a track? give me a break.

working with a hungover guy? now thats a different story.

riding XXkm deep in the forest with a hungover and/or drunk guy? also a different story.

Why is riding with a drunk or drug addict okay, but working with one isn’t? either way the drunk can make a mistake causing you injury or death. That ounce of creditability that you once had, then dropped to zero, you’re now in the negative numbers my friend.

One thing I have learned over the years, most of the time, the people that attempt to defend drunks and drug addicts are drunks and drug addicts themselves. I’m hoping you’re an exception to that rule.

Alcoholics, that's who.

If a person cannot refrain from consuming alcohol before riding a high powered, very fast machine that is barely within their ability to control even when they are 100% on their game, then maybe it's time to start heading for a meeting with Bill W.

Either that, or they're just stupid.

😏