KX100 jetting

All right here we go my boys bike a 2006 KX 100 spoges realy bad. Here is our set up 1344 ft above sea yamalube 4 1/2 gal to 1 pint, jets are 45 & 138

air screw 1 1/2 turns out the niddle is 1 groove up from the bottom. Any help would be great.

All right here we go my boys bike a 2006 KX 100 spoges realy bad. Here is our set up 1344 ft above sea yamalube 4 1/2 gal to 1 pint, jets are 45 & 138

air screw 1 1/2 turns out the niddle is 1 groove up from the bottom. Any help would be great.

What is that for a mix ratio? You should be running 32:1 - 40:1, I would run the 40:1. Try raising the clip on your needle, top is leanest and the bottom richest, so you may be rich. What needle are you running? Stock is the NAPF and the 85 runs the NAPE, we have found the E runs better, middle clip. You may try a 42, but the needle is usually the culprit with spooge issues.

36:1

Spooge or excess smoke means your exhaust temp isn't high enough = too rich, which is how they usually come, especially Kawi, from the factory. I've heard to drop the Pilot to a 42 and needle to second position, just as a starting point, but below will be of better help.

Here's the correct way to jet, and just about exactly what jets you should use.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412662

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=691089

Depending on the temp in Kansas, you want:

132-140 Main

1st or 2nd clip for needle position from the top

40-42 Pilot

Oh...and I forgot why I was talking about exhaust temps...if it spooges, it doesn't mean you should cut out oil, by doing so will actually put MORE fuel in the intake, making a richer air-fuel ratio, only making the bike run cooler, and making your problem worse. When you take out oil, more gas takes it's place as it goes through the jets, making the engine cooler and smoking what oil is still in the mix.

Smoking and spooge is a jetting issue, not a premix issue.