Make it Legal

I just got mine plated 2 weeks ago in PA. The original MSO stated "Motorcycle" for the vehicle type, but it also had something like "Not for use on public highways" at the bottom. When I got my title, it stated MC for the vehicle type (and not OHV). ? My title also correctly shows KLX450R and not KLR650. I went to a notary and got a plate and a tag in 10 minutes. I was expecting to have to go through the enhanced inspection/modified title process, but now all I need is a regular, $12.00 inspection. I guess it just all depends on who's doing the paperwork on that particular day.

I got a title for mine today. Had to jump through more hoops than normal because there was never a title issued for mine. In Ohio, if you have an off road title, all you have to do is sign an affidavit that you have installed all the legal pieces and they'll give you a street title.

My extra hoops included getting a common pleas judge to order the clerk of courts to issue a title. I had to provide adequate evidence that I was the lawful owner.