my annual "capitol faceslaper fest".before & after short vids

a few of us were out this weekend to give a little quality time to our red headed stepchild trail system.heard another group was working the waddell side.my favorite area(northrim between porter creek & straddleline) went solo 10 hours in 90 degree heat sat.5-6 hours sun with some help from olybronc.i look like i tied two cats together and wraped em around my neck.this section should be much more enjoyable now.a little/lot of brushing opens up alternat lines for bikes.sweet.be carefull about midway as they have a logging op goin on.one tree top was in the trail which i was able to clear with a machetti .they fell another one across the trail about a 1/4 mile up.a productive weekend with a bonus,i gotta ride olybroncs sweet new 300 xcw.thanx blake:thumbsup:

also on a side note i had three seperate groups of bikes stop in the trail i was working to bs over the weekend.they all said thanx.every group of quads that passed was just worried about getting past me and my work area.one family of 6 quadders went by me without a single one of them even making eye contact.

just an observation.........

happy trails,mike

BEFORE

AFTER

-------------------------------------------------------

BEFORE

AFTER

• Like 2

Dang dude! 😏 You deserve a tank of fuel and some ORV tabs for that one. Nice job. 😏 It feels like this wet spring we've had has caused the vegetation to really grow. That and the cool temps made the soil moist which made them grow even more. :cheers:

They fear you now!

Thanks for the work. I rode that trail two weeks ago and it wasn't too bad, but with all of the moisture in the ground and a bit of hot weather the green stuff starts growing very fast.

that section has needed a good brushin since last season imo.wasnt able to get out there with the weedeater last season or the one before:banghead: just brushed it with the trusty chetti.its always been bad but it literally turned into something that was nearly unridable over the last couple months.never want to get it to early or itl jus grow back.hopefully it will be easier next season....

Thanks Ridemor.😏

That is also my favorite section. Myself, HomeFinanceUSA and a few others went in that side with saws after the 07' windstorm.......hooo boy!

Brush is always a problem on that side in spots. Since Tacoma Trail Cruisers always uses that section on the Smuggler, I wonder if they've been over there scouting and have plans to do some clearing themselves? If sections are becoming unrideable due to brush it will take the efforts of more than 1 volunteer.

Thanks again for your effort.

Mike kicked some serious ass on those trails this weekend.

I rode from Quadhell to Rock Candy, from what I could see Tacoma trail cruisers brushed for the smuggler poker run on the quadhell side.

On another note, a quad/ATVclub built a block wall around the bathroom at Rock Candy, to protect it from random target practice.

this weekend "TREAD REPAIR"

BEFORE

HPIM1318.JPG

HPIM1303.JPG

AFTER

HPIM1305.JPG

HPIM1300.JPG

HPIM1306.JPG

HPIM1322.JPG

it was nice to see the tacoma trail cruisers out as well.a big thumbs up to those guys.they did some brushing on the molly porter #3 on sat.thanx for all your hard work guys.that end of the trail system is looking soooooo much better now.:banana:👍:eek:

Thanks for an excellent job on the brush and trails. A few of us did an impromptu trail ride from Straddline on Tuesday and all of the neck slashers were weeded away. :banana:

It is in way better shape than it was a month ago. Thumbs up guys!!

got rid of all those alder slappers/tunnel-o-leaves & did a little more tread repair on the mnt molly porter #3 this last weekend.after a month or more of weekend work on these trails im ready for somethin different.anyone goin to tahuya this weekend?i need to get some seat time.id like to get back down to gifford soon but cant afford to make the trip at this time.

mike