Is it the stator?

1. Went for an off road ride of 100 miles.

2. The fan was working a lot due to excessive heat and the ride was quite bumpy.

3. All went well, but at the end, I had no electrical power.

4. I push started the bike, but at low revs the lights were dim and I had no indications on the clocks.

5. At high revs all the electrics were working.

6. Changing from low beam to high would cause a slight instant power loss.

Is it the stator?

I will definetaly do the testing, but since my battery is charging right now I thought that maybe I can get some directions to the fault.

I am hoping it is not the stator, I had 4 hours of highway riding to think about it.

My guess was that the regulator fried, since although the battery wasnt charging I still had some current albeit at high revs...

My stator went about three weeks ago, while I was driving home from work. When I tried to give it gas, it backfired really bad. I couldn't get above 20 mph. I'm sure it was running on just the battery. If your stator was shot, the bike wouldn't run at any throttle, but it's easy to check and I would recommend checking it to be safe.

My stator went about three weeks ago, while I was driving home from work. When I tried to give it gas, it backfired really bad. I couldn't get above 20 mph. I'm sure it was running on just the battery. If your stator was shot, the bike wouldn't run at any throttle, but it's easy to check and I would recommend checking it to be safe.

Not true. It depends on what is wrong with the stator.