300exc and yz250f to 2010 yz450f

First up - Height 178cm Weight 83kg Skill- Upper c grade

Riding areas consist mainly of tight arenacross style tracks (short approach to jumps etc) and tight bush trails and some open motocross tracks.

At the moment i have a KTM 300 exc 2008 and a yz250f 2006.

Loving the 250, the suspension is just perfect for what i do (overjump and it dont hurt) but to get the snap i have geared it 13/50 which leaves it revving like hell whenever things open up.(only mod is FMF 4.1 slip on).

The 300 on the other hand can get around and hardly even work at clearing jumps which i like but over jump a double and the wrists hurt bigtime!

Lately i just cant gel with the KTM and find myself riding the Yamaha more often wishing it had luggable grunt like the KTM.

Which has led me to a conclusion that maybe the new 2010 yz450f will have the suspension i love but with that phat power i like which in turn has me grunting the engine as apposed to revving the crap out of it (250).

My question to owners of the new yzf 2010 450 is when selecting the mellow maps is the power say in comparison to a 450exc ?(had a 2003 450exc, loved the power,not the mushy suspension).

I have read a few ride reports and hear lots about the snappy bottom end which i could not tolerate, if i could emulate say a 350/400 power spread i would most likely be happy and just put up with the motocross suspension when goin woods.

Advice on whether the Yamaha is going to suit these conditions (or not) would be most appreciated by owners.