Tire Sizes

Thanks to all for the advice. I got mud on bike for the first time this weekend and didn't break anything! I was wondering if anybody had advice on width's and aspect ratios for tires? It has rained like s... here in the east for the last two months and the deathwings were kind of scary. I've read past posts about tire preferences and wanted to see if anybody had advice on sizing. 🙂

If you need a real good DOT knobby try a Michelin Baja 140/80x18. You can run a 120/100 or a 140/80 on your bike. They are about the same size. Stock is 110/100 or 130/90. The front is a little different. 90/90x21 and 100/80x21 are about the same so depending on who makes the tire is what you get.

If you want good mud tires I run Michelin S-12's. There not dot but work great in the mud and sand. I would go as big as you can, 140/80.

I ran the Karoo on my XR and it worked great in the street. It was a little slick on the dirt but was toast after 350 miles of fast Death valley roads. I've gotten 750 miles of Baja dirt with some knobs left. I mean I was WFO for 750 miles on dirt prerunning the 1000 so I know the tire will last. It is a little noise on the street but it's a stiff side wall DOT tire.