Install Spark Arrestor

Hey All,

Next question in my KDX setup. I will be doing a lot of riding in our national forest(Sam Houston). They of course require a Spark Arrestor, but I have a pro circuit 304 on the bike. I've been pricing new ones both FMF and pro-circuit silencers w/ spark arrestors, but man, I really need that $100+ for a helmet.

Question is, Would I be better off buying the spark arrestor parts and repacking my current silencer? If so any input on parts etc would be great.

thanks!

You could always go with a "Sparky" add on spark arrestor, but they aren't much cheaper than a new silencer and they don't look "cool". I have been trying to buy one on eBay for my 125 for months but keep getting outbid, LOL.

Like others have said, you can't add an internal spark arrestor to your existing silencer. To be legal, a spark arrestor must have the US Forestry stamp on the body.

The Sparky works well if you only need an occasional spark arrestor, but it's a hassle if you need one all the time. Like everyone has said, look for one on ebay, but don't just limit yourself to the stock pipe. You may get lucky and find a good buy on an FMF or a Pro Circuit SA silencer.

Or you could buy the one from asg5262...­čśĆ