04 yz250f OIL QUESTIONS

i know this has been posted many times but ive seen all posts and stuff and how to but 😏

I drain my oil from my frame at the bottom and then under the shifter? right?

then where do i fill just on the side cover?

and how much oil all together

Also i have seen that people use all kinds of oils

10-40?

15-50?

20-50?

and synthetic or not?

all help is appreciated:)😏

Drain from oil tank on frame then the engine. fill it up on the black filler on the flywheel cover. They hold 1.2 quarts sometimes more or less. I just a motul synthetic 20w 50. I find it makes the bike shift much better. You can run a standard 10.30 or 10 40 with no issues either. I used to run delo 400 15.40 in it for years. There a hundreds of oil threads on here just run what you like. If you do run a synthetic make sure it is wet clutch compatable.

Drain from oil tank on frame then the engine. fill it up on the black filler on the flywheel cover. They hold 1.2 quarts sometimes more or less. I just a motul synthetic 20w 50. I find it makes the bike shift much better. You can run a standard 10.30 or 10 40 with no issues either. I used to run delo 400 15.40 in it for years. There a hundreds of oil threads on here just run what you like. If you do run a synthetic make sure it is wet clutch compatable.

thanks