Who bought Pivot Works rear bearing set for the L ?

Has anyone bought the Pivot Works rear wheel bearing set for the L, listed in the ThumperTalk Store ?

I was wondering about the bearings, are they sealed on one side like OEM or double sealed? Also, does it come with the tool? Probably not, but someone may know for sure.

Just so we don't rehash it all again, here's a thread on the whole rear wheel bearing issue.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=889264&highlight=wheel+bearing

Rob,not to go through this again,,,,,,,butttttttttttttt,go to a bearing shop,they are regular bearings and seals and you can get quality..........the "ALL BALLS" for sure and probably "PIVOT WORKS" are cheap offshore crud......with no resemblance of quality..i hear more reports of guys putting in cheap crap and not getting any service life out of them..

The tool can be had at Motion Pro........and on ebay...

B

Right on, I agree. I may just measure them and order some from McMaster-Carr. Double sealed. I'd gladly pay 30-40 dollars for bearings that last more than a year or two. Somehow I doubt they'll be that expensive though.

Anyone care to save me some trouble and just give me the McMaster P/Ns ?? 😏

I'm sure I'll end up doing another how-to thread & video soon. My bearings are real bad. I noticed a slight wobble last year and it's been ok since then. This past week I did a three-day riding weekend and the wheel is ready to litter the trail will steel ovals (that used to be round). I'm grounded until I fix this mess.

On a side note - the new D606 rear is a monster! I love it. So much grip compared to the crap I was running on. Blipping wheelies all over the place now. It also leaves a narrow trail of freshly overturned dirt wherever I go, even with steady throttle. I recommend it for a DOT tire if you do mostly trails.

Right on, I agree. I may just measure them and order some from McMaster-Carr. Double sealed. I'd gladly pay 30-40 dollars for bearings that last more than a year or two. Somehow I doubt they'll be that expensive though.

Anyone care to save me some trouble and just give me the McMaster P/Ns ?? 😏

I'm sure I'll end up doing another how-to thread & video soon. My bearings are real bad. I noticed a slight wobble last year and it's been ok since then. This past week I did a three-day riding weekend and the wheel is ready to litter the trail will steel ovals (that used to be round). I'm grounded until I fix this mess.

On a side note - the new D606 rear is a monster! I love it. So much grip compared to the crap I was running on. Blipping wheelies all over the place now. It also leaves a narrow trail of freshly overturned dirt wherever I go, even with steady throttle. I recommend it for a DOT tire if you do mostly trails.

You don`t have a bearing supply outlet handy Rob??????...i just poped then out,drove down in my car and was back in 1/2 hour:thumbsup:..i had the numbers written down,,,but i`ll be damned if i can find them..i know i put the part numbers in a post in the past here for sure...

Yeah the D606 works well....i get bugger for miles from them though....i got a kenda 270on the rear now,,not great on pavement,and the front is scary as hell in anything but pavement......😏🤣

B

Amen Brian! My D606 rear is about half shot! About three months on it!!! Most of it got ground off riding rocky fire roads. Oh well... It will probably get me through the rest of the summer. I may have to ride a slick to work for a few weeks this fall. I guess I could put the DeathWing back on this fall 😏

I would also stay away from most of those bearing "kits". I have bought a couple different brands of them and they don't even last as long as the stock ones.

In my experiance, local bearing warehouses sell top quality bearings. I always try them first. A local warehouse will order it for you if its not in stock, which isn't typical unless its a odd size. Its not like motorcycle manufactuers make thier own bearings or they use some type of magic bearing.

When changing the rear wheel bearing on a L, it would be highly advisable to have another retaining ring ready. If the old one is corroded in there, it most likely won't come out undamaged. The Motion Pro tool is a good peice, I've used mine several times and it has not gotten any worse for the wear.