"motocross movie" in the works

This guy has all of them http://www.youtube.com/user/CyCE147#p/u

Here is Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ADxvViHJw&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ADxvViHJw&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Holy crap:jawdrop: Makes me wanna go ride pima and dynamite.

Nothing like pro's on 2-strokes.

I think Motocrossed on Disney was pretty good?

NO NO NO!!! GREATEST MOTOCROS MOVIE of all time "WINNERS TAKE ALL"

When he makes that custom dirt bike from all those miscellaneous bike parts with the purple rain lazy boy seat on it and blows all the factory guys away on it, is a frigg'n classic..???

This guy has all of them http://www.youtube.com/user/CyCE147#p/u

Here is Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ADxvViHJw&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ADxvViHJw&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i just watched all 11 parts of that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abbot and Hatch were movin'! Love that open desert racing, it takes real balls IMO...?

Used to ride out there quite a bit. My fav part of that is when Hatch over jumps that right hander towards the cactus and just clic ks the ass end around and pins it. There is some awesome single track out there too. Oh ya the roost in a river bed hurts like no other. There is a little bit of everything out there but they closed most of it down because the pissy people that live around there complained. The Town of Scottsdale tried to tell us all it was because of dust....bunch of horseshit....oh ya you can ride horses and bikes out there tho.

i just watched all 11 parts of that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very sick.

If you have Fuel or Speed they show it every 6 months or so. I screwed up and erased it off of my DVR so I check all the time....still waiting for it to come back on. You can probably buy the dvd somewhere.

I was really hoping movies like these would fade away with the rest of the garbage from the boom economy... freestyle, Harley/custom bike fad, "mainstream mx movies..."

The problem with making a fictional mx movie that appeals to the mainstream is you will never be able to frame the protagonist as a true underdog as everyone knows that in order to ride dirt bikes you have to have started from some level of privilege, so from the get go the story is unbelievable. At best the protagonist is a lesser privileged competing to fit in amongst or beat the privileged (ala winner takes all and Rad).

Especially nowadays where mx racers are groomed/developed from such a young age in the same vein as a tennis players, ice skaters and gymnsts... ...other examples that are rarely used as story sources for overcoming the odds as these sports have evolved into to such a highly specialized and expensive level.

Used to ride out there quite a bit. My fav part of that is when Hatch over jumps that right hander towards the cactus and just clic ks the ass end around and pins it. There is some awesome single track out there too. Oh ya the roost in a river bed hurts like no other. There is a little bit of everything out there but they closed most of it down because the pissy people that live around there complained. The Town of Scottsdale tried to tell us all it was because of dust....bunch of horseshit....oh ya you can ride horses and bikes out there tho.

Very sick.

If you have Fuel or Speed they show it every 6 months or so. I screwed up and erased it off of my DVR so I check all the time....still waiting for it to come back on. You can probably buy the dvd somewhere.

You can still get in on the wildcat side, right? At first I thought it was the MM's, but I figured Hatch wouldn't be living where he could get there out of his driveway...

I was really hoping movies like these would fade away with the rest of the garbage from the boom economy... freestyle, Harley/custom bike fad, "mainstream mx movies..."

The problem with making a fictional mx movie that appeals to the mainstream is you will never be able to frame the protagonist as a true underdog as everyone knows that in order to ride dirt bikes you have to have started from some level of privilege, so from the get go the story is unbelievable. At best the protagonist is a lesser privileged competing to fit in amongst or beat the privileged (ala winner takes all and Rad).

Especially nowadays where mx racers are groomed/developed from such a young age in the same vein as a tennis players, ice skaters and gymnsts... ...other examples that are rarely used as story sources for overcoming the odds as these sports have evolved into to such a highly specialized and expensive level.

mcgrath didn't grow up privlaged. So it can be done even though it's not as common nowadays.

Edited by mxdude629

mcgrath didn't grow up privlaged. So it can be done even though it's bot as common nowadays.

I'd say MC was part of the last of an era where a kid could make the leap from having a dirt bike, riding local tracks, to eventually "getting serious about it" in his teens and still have a shot as a pro.

However, from the POV of the mainstream, he's still a middle class kid from the burbs who was part of a socio-economic class capable of purchasing and riding motorcycles. At the end of the day, his story is just another middle class white kid who made it... which is the same reel the moto movies have always followed (just with the movie motocrossed you add the twist of a girl pretending to be a boy) and just comes off cliche.

Moto makes great documentary material for consumption by direct participants and spectators of the sport. But, any relevance to society at large as a realm from which to draw relevant stories of legend for translation into film is nil. Another example is the lame attempt at making relevant fictional movies out of members of privledged socio-econmic classes are ski characters. Case in point: Aspen Extreme.

Two guys from some ski hill built on a dump move to colorado to take on the best... at the end of the day these are two guys who still had the level of privaledge to participate in skiing. Another example of a sport that requires a high amount of descretionary income to participate in. So regardless of how they are painted, the still come off cliche.

Man...thats too bad about them shutting it down! A lot of that going on here in Cali too. Still, I would love to get to ride Arizona some time before it's all said and done. Would like to ride Utah as well. Right now, if I want to ride desert, I have to cross over the Sierra's and into Nevada. In Northern California it is all tight riding with a lot of switch backs through the tree's and hill climbs. It's a lot of fun and really technical but nothing where I can just open it up and hang on...

I'd say MC was part of the last of an era where a kid could make the leap from having a dirt bike, riding local tracks, to eventually "getting serious about it" in his teens and still have a shot as a pro.

However, from the POV of the mainstream, he's still a middle class kid from the burbs who was part of a socio-economic class capable of purchasing and riding motorcycles. At the end of the day, his story is just another middle class white kid who made it... which is the same reel the moto movies have always followed (just with the movie motocrossed you add the twist of a girl pretending to be a boy) and just comes off cliche.

Moto makes great documentary material for consumption by direct participants and spectators of the sport. But, any relevance to society at large as a realm from which to draw relevant stories of legend for translation into film is nil. Another example is the lame attempt at making relevant fictional movies out of members of privledged socio-econmic classes are ski characters. Case in point: Aspen Extreme.

Two guys from some ski hill built on a dump move to colorado to take on the best... at the end of the day these are two guys who still had the level of privaledge to participate in skiing. Another example of a sport that requires a high amount of descretionary income to participate in. So regardless of how they are painted, the still come off cliche.

Thunderchicken, your comments are vary insightful and relevant. Though I haven't read the script I'm told by those who have, this moto movie isn't like any other ever made. A main character that you will like and care about and not some cliché he came with a dream to win the championship instead more raw and in touch with the times. The only thing I do know is it begins in the early 70's and ends present day and that the writer will be looking for a deal as soon as the second script is done . I for one hope it's great, but we will see. ( I hope )

You can still get in on the wildcat side, right? At first I thought it was the MM's, but I figured Hatch wouldn't be living where he could get there out of his driveway...

Ya Wildcat is still open but P & D has the better riding IMO. Ya Hatch lives right there but I am pretty sure Destry lives in Peoria.

Man...thats too bad about them shutting it down! A lot of that going on here in Cali too. Still, I would love to get to ride Arizona some time before it's all said and done. Would like to ride Utah as well. Right now, if I want to ride desert, I have to cross over the Sierra's and into Nevada. In Northern California it is all tight riding with a lot of switch backs through the tree's and hill climbs. It's a lot of fun and really technical but nothing where I can just open it up and hang on...

You would have a blast out here then. There are a lot of WFO areas you can ride with nice rollers that you can sail over....then into nice tight technical shit...not many trees tho unless you go up higher.

Thunderchicken, your comments are vary insightful and relevant. Though I haven't read the script I'm told by those who have, this moto movie isn't like any other ever made. A main character that you will like and care about and not some cliché he came with a dream to win the championship instead more raw and in touch with the times. The only thing I do know is it begins in the early 70's and ends present day and that the writer will be looking for a deal as soon as the second script is done . I for one hope it's great, but we will see. ( I hope )

Do you know when THERE going to have it done?