Who had the Gas Gas Pampera ?

Just got an 05 GG Pampera 280 and I was thinking one of the Thumpettes had one awhile back...?

It's a great little bike for woods riding, and a big improvement over the piggy 230f, but I'm having a heck of a time starting it -- high compression, and I've been spoiled by the magic button for awhile.

I coulda sworn I read someone's surefire technique to start a Pamp, but can't find it in any old threads...?

Thanks, Debi. Lovin' the Gas Gas...sorta tripped over this one for sale and it was a great step up. It's super clean right now but I'm sure I'll wreck something in the near future and need parts...never fails :cheers:

YW...... Yes it will get all fugly after a couple rides ๐Ÿ˜

Here's my fugly one ๐Ÿ˜

DRZ%20tire%20and%20GasGas%20tank%2011-27-09%20036.JPG

and yes I has a plate too haha

DRZ%20tire%20and%20GasGas%20tank%2011-27-09%20035.JPG

That's not fugly !! That's schweet !! Looks like it runs on beer ?๐Ÿคฃ

Oh it does likey the Negra Modelo :banana: well after the rides:smirk:

What I like about this bike is it's a 250 2smoke 6speed and it does 105 with out a problem..:eek: I just need to get used to riding it on the street ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don't own a Pampera, though I wish that I did. But I do own a TXT280 and the starting procedure would be about the same for both bikes. I can start my TXT in house slippers if I do it the right way. I start it as though it were a four stroke motor (sort of). I find top dead center, and then just push the lever very slowly until it gets past the compression (maybe a quarter or a third of the stroke), then I let the kickstarter back up and kick it normally. Works like a charm for me anyway. Hope this helps you.

I find top dead center, and then just push the lever very slowly until it gets past the compression (maybe a quarter or a third of the stroke), then I let the kickstarter back up and kick it normally. Works like a charm for me anyway. Hope this helps you.
Thanks :banana: I'm getting a feel for it now, but that sounds like the ticket.
What I like about this bike is it's a 250 2smoke 6speed and it does 105 with out a problem..
And just how do you know that ? :eek:๐Ÿ˜‰