2011 Betas Official US Specs

2011 400 RR

Engine

Type: Beta-Built single cylinder, 4-valve, 4-stroke liquid cooled,

electric start with back up kick starter.

Bore: 95mm

Stroke: 56.2mm

Displacement: 398cc

Compression Ratio: 12.4:1

Ignition: DC-CDI with variable ignition timing, Kokusan.

Spark Plug NGK LKAR8A-9

Lubrication: Twin oil pumps with cartridge oil filter. Separate oil for engine and clutch .8 liter each

Carburetor: Keihin FCR-39mm

Clutch: Wet multi-disc

Primary Ratio: 31:73

Transmission: 6-speed

Final Drive: O-ring chain

Chassis

Frame: All New molybdenum steel with double cradle split above exhaust port.

Air filter access from the side.

Wheelbase: 58.1”

Seat Height: 36.8”

Ground Clearance: 12.6”

Footrest Height: 16.25”

Dry Weight: 242 lbs. dry

Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.1 US gallons

Front Suspension: New 50 mm Marzocchi USD fork, adjustable compression and rebound

Rear Suspension: Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression

Front Wheel Travel: 11.4”

Rear Wheel Travel: 11.4”

Final Gearing: 13t front, 48t rear

Front Brake: 260mm floating Braking Wave rotor

Rear Brake: 240mm Braking Wave rotor

Front/Rear Rim: 21” (Front) 18” (Rear)

Front/Rear Tire: Michelin Enduro Competition

Warranty: 6 month Limited Warranty

MSRP: $8399.00

*specifications subject to change without notice.

2011 450 RR

Engine

Bore: 95mm

Stroke: 63.4mm

Displacement: 449.39cc

Compression Ratio: 11.95:1

Spark Plug NGK LKAR8A-9

Lubrication: Twin oil pumps with cartridge oil filter. Separate oil for engine and clutch .8 liter each

Chassis

Front Suspension: New 50 mm Marzocchi USD fork, adjustable compression and rebound

MSRP: $8499.00

*specifications subject to change without notice

2011 520 RR

Engine

Bore: 100 mm

Stroke: 63.4mm

Displacement: 497.94cc

Compression Ratio: 12:1

Spark Plug NGK LKAR8A-9

Chassis

MSRP: $8599.00

*specifications subject to change without notice.

That is everything official at this time. The RS (dual Sport) specs should be here here in 2-3 weeks. Not sure when we will see 350 Specs. I'll post some more pics too.

2011Beta2.jpg

2011Beta1.jpg

Starting with their proven four stroke engine platform, the enhancements for 2011 are many including a quieter cam chain tensioner, improved electric starter gear ratios for a quicker starts, as well as an extended maintenance schedule to keep routine service costs to a minimum. Other key features of the Beta power plant include a four valve head designed with F1 racing inspired “finger” followers which gives the bike huge amounts of over-rev while down low the heavy flywheel converts the power to the ground. “What you end up with is a power delivery that feels like an MX motor on the top end yet has an amazing way of chugging down low when the trail turns nasty, our bike finds traction where others create wheel spin,” said Keith Ottinger, National Sales Manager for American Beta. Other key features include electric start with a back up kick starter, separate oil cavities for engine and clutch, and an easy-to-service design that make routine maintenance a snap.

Updates to the chassis include an all new 50mm Marzocchi fork and machined triple clamp. This new fork is designed to reduce flex without being harsh. The triple clamp is lighter than the 2010 model and now offers riders a total of six positions of handlebar adjustment.

Key chassis changes for 2011:

-Revised frame sporting a red color (Cameron Corfman Replica) with an added head stay for support.

-New hubs are lighter than previous models.

-All new meter now includes an hour meter to keep track of service intervals.-Improved clutch lever and an added rubber boot for protection.

-Newly designed seat with push button release. Along with the side air filter access, air filters can be changed in seconds.

-Stronger rear brake pedal.

-Race team inspired graphics and seat cover.

Other standard features of the RR models:

-Storage space behind the left side panel suitable for supplied tool pouch or other needed items.

-Braking™ oversize brake rotors.

-One-piece cast rear swing arm with no welds.

-Sachs™ rear shock with adjustable rebound and high/ low speed compression adjustments.

-“Competition Ready” including skid plate, lights, and USFS-approved quiet spark arrestor.

-Rear sub-frame has built in grab handles. (They actually work!)

-Lower seat height than most other models.

2011beta8.jpg

2011beta6.jpg

2011beta5.jpg

2011beta4.jpg

11.4 inches of front and rear suspension travel is pretty tight. Most bikes have 12 to 13 inches of travel. I note that husky got out of mazocci's in 09 for Kyaba and this year have ditched the sachs for Kyaba shocks too.

Yeah, I agree. 11" is Ok for a trail putt putt or ladies scoot, but not for a serious off-road tool. Even my doctor Z has more than that!

The 2011 RS Dual Sport bikes will spec the new motor. They are on the fast track for carb approval right now. No official release date as of now.

Now we're talkin...I am going to try to wear my 08 out and buy a new 520RS in 2012....maybe they will even be FI by then. These bikes are gonna to do some damage to the dualsport market once people realize what they are about. Thanks for the great info Chip.

Haychip,

Any word on the gear ratios in the new motor? How do they compare to those in the KTM RFS motor.

I don't know if this answers a part of your question but I have seen in my '10 RR450 motard 167 kmh (100mph=160kmh) and the bike looked good for 180kmh (with 15-46 gearing instead of 13-48 to compensate for the smaller wheels) but I didn't have the space (public road with traffic).

• 10 months later...
Starting with their proven four stroke engine platform, the enhancements for 2011 are many including a quieter cam chain tensioner, improved electric starter gear ratios for a quicker starts, as well as an extended maintenance schedule to keep routine service costs to a minimum. Other key features of the Beta power plant include a four valve head designed with F1 racing inspired “finger” followers which gives the bike huge amounts of over-rev while down low the heavy flywheel converts the power to the ground. “What you end up with is a power delivery that feels like an MX motor on the top end yet has an amazing way of chugging down low when the trail turns nasty, our bike finds traction where others create wheel spin,” said Keith Ottinger, National Sales Manager for American Beta. Other key features include electric start with a back up kick starter, separate oil cavities for engine and clutch, and an easy-to-service design that make routine maintenance a snap.

Updates to the chassis include an all new 50mm Marzocchi fork and machined triple clamp. This new fork is designed to reduce flex without being harsh. The triple clamp is lighter than the 2010 model and now offers riders a total of six positions of handlebar adjustment.

Key chassis changes for 2011:

-Revised frame sporting a red color (Cameron Corfman Replica) with an added head stay for support.

-New hubs are lighter than previous models.

-All new meter now includes an hour meter to keep track of service intervals.-Improved clutch lever and an added rubber boot for protection.

-Newly designed seat with push button release. Along with the side air filter access, air filters can be changed in seconds.

-Stronger rear brake pedal.

-Race team inspired graphics and seat cover.

Other standard features of the RR models:

-Storage space behind the left side panel suitable for supplied tool pouch or other needed items.

-Braking™ oversize brake rotors.

-One-piece cast rear swing arm with no welds.

-Sachs™ rear shock with adjustable rebound and high/ low speed compression adjustments.

-“Competition Ready” including skid plate, lights, and USFS-approved quiet spark arrestor.

-Rear sub-frame has built in grab handles. (They actually work!)

-Lower seat height than most other models.

This is good to refer to . .... It's always good as we are always tempted with buying a newer or brand new bike....I shouldn't say we. I mean me..:ride: Thanks for posting

Yeah, I agree. 11" is Ok for a trail putt putt or ladies scoot, but not for a serious off-road tool. Even my doctor Z has more than that!

Ahhh..Its all in how the craftsmen uses the tool. Perhaps there is more to the design than first meets the eye. Not enough travel? The Beta offers plenty of travel for Endurocross championships, hopping over large trees, riding over stumps, rocks, boulders, and more. Here is a well executed online demonstration of how a Beta can be used when put into the right hands. :ride:

Video:

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/search.php?searchid=12140599&pp=25

Hey look everyone it's the #1 Beta hater DeeRzee !!!

Check out all the posts about Beta's. Really you have a problem dude. That's weird trolling and making up s*** . I guess you get your rocks off doing this.. You have a hate for Beta's.🤣:lol:😛:ride:🤣 ...so you post bs about it?????

weeeiiiirrrrrdowww!!!!!!🤣

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/search.php?searchid=12140599&pp=25

Hey look everyone it's the #1 Beta hater DeeRzee !!!

Check out all the posts about Beta's. Really you have a problem dude. That's weird trolling and making up s*** . I guess you get your rocks off doing this.. You have a hate for Beta's.😛:lol:😉:ride:🤣 ...so you post bs about it?????

weeeiiiirrrrrdowww!!!!!!🤣

Speaking of DRZs and problems, and weird... in the dirt my own 2009 DRZ was an overweight top-heavy tank compared to my Beta. At best it was a late 80s version of a dirt bike made for easy trail rides and putts around town. I tried mine on single track more than a few times and it was very limited for me. Oh, did I mention top heavy..., horrible! Ugh 40lbs heavier, with horrible suspension, no 6th gear, awkward handling, and no friggin' kick starter. More Travel? You need the extra travel on a heavy tank to prevent it slamming down in to rocks. To make it worth riding, It seemed like just about everything but the motor on the DRZ needed to be replaced with lighter or stronger parts to make it right, so I got rid of mine as fast as I could and applied a small cost difference and upgraded to the Beta. NO COMPARISON. Hopefully some day Suzuki will upgrade the DRZ to bring it current with the Euro Enduro / DS bikes. Till then its Beta, KTM, Husky, Husaberg for sure🤣