2 t 125's

1. KTM 125SX 2. RM125 3. KX125 4.CR125 most people really dont like the CR because it is very slow stock. Dirt Bike magazine recently rated it one of the 10 worst bikes of all time.

And what year or years did they rank? Or did they just say every Honda CR 125 ever made is one of the worst bikes to be made?

Thanks haha

read signature

sorry man I should have been more specific, you have one of the better years. The bike is great except for the motor and that can be fixed for a small amount of money. I was just talking about stock bikes. I love Hondas and if it was me I woul get the CR because I like working on my bikes and modifying them, but some people don't so I just rated the bikes based on them being all stock.

And what year or years did they rank? Or did they just say every Honda CR 125 ever made is one of the worst bikes to be made?

They basically said overall it wasn't a great bike. BUT I've talked to alot of people that have made there CR 125s great with a few mods. Magazines say alot of things and you always have to think about what they are saying carefully and then think about the facts from your point of view.

Ok first off, if you get rm 125, do not get anything over 5 years old, they break down easily and are not that fast in my opinion. SOme people claim to have no problems, but would never get a suzuki.

Our ktm that we had was fast, easy to start and somewhat reliable, but i cost so much money. I had a friend that spent 250 bucks on his clutch for a few springs. Not my first choice in bike

Cr 125, not as fast as others, but the most reliable i have ridden. If you jet it, put a PC pipe pn it, and maybe a K&N, youll be good to go. Starts first kick most of the time and last forever.

Overall pick: Cr 125

(try to get as new as year as possible, with whatever bike you choose)

Yeah that what i would recommend, yz 125 really any year in the 2000's. JUst didnt see the option but i have 2 and am very pleased with them, start first or second kick. Very fast and if you take of them then they are very cheap to maintain

Actually, if you are going to get a newer YZ, don't do it for the aluminum frame, because really what difference does that make? YZ 2 strokes are some of the heaviest on the market with their nifty aluminum frames. Get a YZ with the SSS suspension. From my understanding, it's some of the best stock suspension on the market.

Actually, if you are going to get a newer YZ, don't do it for the aluminum frame, because really what difference does that make? YZ 2 strokes are some of the heaviest on the market with their nifty aluminum frames. Get a YZ with the SSS suspension. From my understanding, it's some of the best stock suspension on the market.

Really? If I remember correctly, the yz125 was the lightest 125 and the only 250 lighter than the yz250 is the ktm.

The Husky CR 125 comes at about the same weight as the YZ. Also, to say the YZ 250 is only second in weight compared to the 250 SX? Really? Which 250 mx 2 stroke was third? The YZ 125 with the steel frame was no heavier than the 125 with the aluminum frame, same goes for the 250.

That was the main reason I thought of to get the '05, but with all the upgrades it has, it's the better way to go. The aluminum frame is said to attribute to better handling on the YZ. The better suspension, motor, frame, etc would lead me to say the '05+ is superior in nearly every way.

The Husky CR 125 comes at about the same weight as the YZ. Also, to say the YZ 250 is only second in weight compared to the 250 SX? Really? Which 250 mx 2 stroke was third? The YZ 125 with the steel frame was no heavier than the 125 with the aluminum frame, same goes for the 250.

If I remember right, they switched to aluminum not for weight savings but for more precise control over flexabilty or rigidity in certain areas of the frame.

2005 or newer YZ125 is the best way to go. But a steel frame model can still be awesome with the right suspension work.

The Husky CR 125 comes at about the same weight as the YZ.

Dry weight 2009 Husky CR125 - 202lbs

Curb weight 2009 Yamaha YZ125 - 208lbs

1.8gal tank on the husky pushes curb weight to about ~213lbs (YZ125 has a 2.1gal btw)

Curb weight on the 2008 RM125 is 213lbs

Curb weight on the 2011 KTM150sx is 213lbs

Yamaha could be lying about the curb weight of the bike

The YZ 125 with the steel frame was no heavier than the 125 with the aluminum frame, same goes for the 250

Yamaha and some mags claim around 10lbs lighter with the alum frame compared to the steel on the 125 and roughly 5lbs on the 250. This would imply that up until 2005 some of the other 125 were actually about 4-5lbs lighter than the yz.