Am I crazy for wanting this bike?

6 ft 210 lb and I want a decent dual sport bike for mostly dirt, woods and some intermediate mountain trails and a little road. I like the WR 250r because its tagged and can potentially go everywhere but I have not ridden one.

My very experienced friend says it's way too small for this and that I need a 650 at least and that I will regret this purchase. Opinions? thanks

I am 200lbs, 5ft7", and love the bike. Power is okay, but fmf programmer should be here any day!😏:banana:

Lots of fun to rip around on, esp. in town,lol. I have owned 250 2strokes, a yz450f, xr250, but so far, I like this one the best in the trails, and obviously, to ride to work and town on.😏

I was about the same size and I had a drz 400 changed the gearing around a bit and it was a great bike little heavy but not bad. I rode my friends kawi 250 dual sport It had great suspention campared to the 2000 Drz but I really missed the 400's power.

I was about the same size and I had a drz 400 changed the gearing around a bit and it was a great bike little heavy but not bad. I rode my friends kawi 250 dual sport It had great suspention campared to the 2000 Drz but I really missed the 400's power.

How did you find the DRZ400 as far as power goes? I'm 6' and 210 as well and I have been told they would be a bit underpowered for me. I have yet to test drive one though.

How did you find the DRZ400 as far as power goes? I'm 6' and 210 as well and I have been told they would be a bit underpowered for me. I have yet to test drive one though.

The drz is by no means underpowered, It's just not the most exciting power, still fun though.

I found that the Drz was good enough power for wood trail riding not the best in more technical terrain but it was smooth for logging trails and eaisier trails if you are looking for a aggresive bike to really challenge yourself the Drz 400 is not it. but if your looking for a good joy ride machine with a low price tag it might be a good fit. there were times where my weight got up to 225 to 230 and I thought it still moved me around pretty good. The only reason why I got rid of it was that my riding style changed to motocross and hairscramble racing if i wouldnt of changed I would still have that bike it was perfect to keep up at the cottage and ride national forest land.

My little bro is your exact size and trust me his not underpowered. It just don't have that smack you in the backside holy cow powerband hit like other bikes do. It's just smooooth. It has more than enough power to get him up all of the crazy hill climbs I've ever seen him attempt. I weigh less than him and ride a KTM 400 and love it, but I wouldn't be crying about the power on a DRZ.

I'm a fair bit shorter than you, but I'm fat and heavier than you, I went with a ktm 450 exc-r uncorked/rejetted with an autoclutch, I love it for dualsporting to trail use

it's got a stupid amount of power for what I do, more fun than should be legal, but that comes at a cost, frequent oil changes

If your doing mostly dirt bike riding, and just enough street to get there, definitely skip the denutted dualsports like the anemic klx250, or wr250 or drz400 or the klr/dr's they are street first dirt second bikes. Stick with a dirt bke with plates, ie ktm/husqvarna/husaberg

DRZ, WR250, KLX, = mostly street with a little trail. KTM exc, Husky TE's = mostly dirt with alittle street to get you there. I suggest if you like mostly dirt look at the Husky TE310 you can get some great deals on them. If it's mostly street the WR250 option isn't to bad.