My new red toy (:

Well used actually...

Picked up a '94 125 today, a little rough, but at $400 i couldn't really argue.

The good: plastics are ok, no leaks from the motor, newer tires, rings and gaskets in the winter, newish looking renthal rear sprocket.

The bad: just found JB weld on the flywheel side case the seller failed to tell me about, air filter hasn't been cleaned since 1994 i think :cheers:, needs new front and rear pads, and lastly fork seals....i guess for the price it wasn't too bad. Also has a Fatty pipe on it, but i need to get a turbinecore. The stocker is falling apart...i know she doesn't look too great, but she runs like a raped ape! ๐Ÿ˜:banana:๐Ÿ˜

4832286475_d28910d59e.jpg

4832898382_880f49c9b1.jpg

More cleaning and painting to come...i can't wait for snow to fly! :ride:

It is really good looking for the year, I bet a little bit of elbow grease and it will shine up great. The tank even looks really good still and those usually get that nasty yellow stain. I wouldn't worry to much about the JB weld. Pull the cover off and inspect the inside case, it was probably just a chip or small crack that was patched. As long as the JB weld was applied properly you should have no issues. As for the fork seals and brake pads check rockymountainmc.com, they usually have good prices on their in house stuff like that. That was a great find, have fun on it.

You bet it was a great find...cheapest around that actually runs! I'm going to check out the case more tomorrow. I'm finding out quickly that buying a used bike isn't so cheap...$100 for an hour meter, front and rear pads, and grips. Oh well, it's totally worth the cash! I think the fork seals will be a winter job, they aren't leaking too bad. I did notice that the radiator was leaking from the overflow tube pretty good even after a quick 10min ride around the yard..any ideas? Maybe it is just filled too high?

You bet it was a great find...cheapest around that actually runs! I'm going to check out the case more tomorrow. I'm finding out quickly that buying a used bike isn't so cheap...$100 for an hour meter, front and rear pads, and grips. Oh well, it's totally worth the cash! I think the fork seals will be a winter job, they aren't leaking too bad. I did notice that the radiator was leaking from the overflow tube pretty good even after a quick 10min ride around the yard..any ideas? Maybe it is just filled too high?

The radiator cap might be bad, try replacing it, should be less than $10. As for the fork seals pull down the dust cover and clean inside around the actual fork seal. Then run a piece of thin film around between the fork seal and fork tube. I use a goggle tear off and some people actually use film negatives. This will clean out any debris caught between the seal and fork leg and will usually cure small leaks.

Also when you get a chance I would inspect and lube the rear linkage. This is the part of every bike I have bought used that needs the most help. Don't be surprised if everything is rusted up and seized. A new linkage bearing kit is around $70 if the bearings are indeed bad. If the bearings still look ok just throw a good helping of water proof grease in them and bolt it back together. I also use anti-seize on all the pivot point bolts.

Thanks for the fork seal tip. I may try that later...looking closer at it, i may need a new silencer. The stock one is falling apart. I could try TIG welding it, but i think im just better off finding a new one, or getting a TurbineCore. The rear shock doesn't look like it's leaking yet. This winter i'm going to tear it all down and grease the bearings, replace the ones that need replacing..for now i want to ride! ๐Ÿ˜

The radiator cap might be bad, try replacing it, should be less than $10. As for the fork seals pull down the dust cover and clean inside around the actual fork seal. Then run a piece of thin film around between the fork seal and fork tube. I use a goggle tear off and some people actually use film negatives. This will clean out any debris caught between the seal and fork leg and will usually cure small leaks.

Also when you get a chance I would inspect and lube the rear linkage. This is the part of every bike I have bought used that needs the most help. Don't be surprised if everything is rusted up and seized. A new linkage bearing kit is around $70 if the bearings are indeed bad. If the bearings still look ok just throw a good helping of water proof grease in them and bolt it back together. I also use anti-seize on all the pivot point bolts.

i have a 94 cr 125 and i did the linkage bearings. if you have any questions about doing it send me a message and i'll help you out

i have a 94 cr 125 and i did the linkage bearings. if you have any questions about doing it send me a message and i'll help you out

Thanks, I'll let you know if i do..

I can't wait for snow to fly, i have so much to do! ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks.

Any luck finding yourself a bike yet?

This thing is a blast to ride, but it took me about 10min to start cold! ๐Ÿ˜

I think i'm going to try a new plug. It looked good, but who knows. Maybe a compression test along with that.