Tech 10's broken rear ankle piece

Hey I've got some tech 10's and the piece in the rear of the boot that slides up and down broke all the way across. Was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if there is any way to do a temperary fix. I know I need new boots, but need to wait till I've got a little more cash. If you've got any ideas let me know. Thanks.

buy sidi or garne next time. chock it up to buying garbage alpinestars boots and move on.

You know I have had no problems with my Alpinestars through all the years, did they change where they make their boots now? The last pair(s) I bought lasted forever, the Tech 3s just wouldn't die for the longest time. The soles finally wore out after 2 years but the buckles never let go or anything else. Same with my Tech 7s I have now... (Bought in 2008).

You know I have had no problems with my Alpinestars through all the years, did they change where they make their boots now? The last pair(s) I bought lasted forever, the Tech 3s just wouldn't die for the longest time. The soles finally wore out after 2 years but the buckles never let go or anything else. Same with my Tech 7s I have now... (Bought in 2008).

Been wondering the same. My old tech (6?) from 2006 lasted till now, but the new pair of tech 8 I bought a couple of month ago already have already worn a hole and shows signs of more to come.