2 inch Roxspeed risers or new bars?

i have been wanting to change my bars to something higher to make standing up and riding more comfortable but there is nothing wrong with the FLY areo tapers besides the hieght. so i have been looking at the the roxspeed 2" Rise x 7/8" Stem Clamp x 1 1/8" Handlebar Dual Sport Pivoting Risers. (http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=268 forth riser down) does any one have any experience with this riser? will the stock cables accomadate the 2inchs of rise? the down side of the risers is the cost of 80 bucks and new fly areotapers are 65 bucks. any suggestions?

thanks daryl

I was thinking of that riser too for the exact same reasons. But I went with this one from PowerMadd instead http://powermadd.com/products/PowerRiser475.html. It has about the same amount of rise and is able to rotate like the ROX. I can tell you that I am very happy with the PowerMadd riser. The rise up AND the forward adjustment at the same time gave me just what I was looking for. My XR has much more room in the saddle and standing up and staying up on the pegs is much easier. I feel much more in control of the bike especially at the end of a day long dual sport ride and here comes another stretch of hoops! I had no problems with the stock cables working either, it did take some "re arranging" of them to get the proper throttle operation but not to so much to be an issue. I hope this helps

FYI - I'm 6'1" and I think the XR400 was made for guys about 5'6".

• Like 1

I checked those out too before I made the PowerMadd purchase but on the XR the mounting location for the handle bars are facing backwards at about a 45 deg angle. That type will cause the bars to move up yes, but BACK as well, not what I wanted to do at all. I was trying to move them the bars forward also to maximize the cockpit area.

i have been wanting to change my bars to something higher to make standing up and riding more comfortable but there is nothing wrong with the FLY areo tapers besides the hieght. so i have been looking at the the roxspeed 2" Rise x 7/8" Stem Clamp x 1 1/8" Handlebar Dual Sport Pivoting Risers. (http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=268 forth riser down) does any one have any experience with this riser? will the stock cables accomadate the 2inchs of rise? the down side of the risers is the cost of 80 bucks and new fly areotapers are 65 bucks. any suggestions?

thanks daryl

I have seen a couple guys with those. they liked them a lot. My next set of risers i think are going to be some of these.

reread post.. not the riser we were talking about, i think it is worth the ten extra bucks for the better looking roxspeed riser vs. the powermadd.. but i think the powermadd offers 3 inches of rise compared to the roxspeed riser 2 inch.. also just read the owner of ROXSPEED has passed during a riding accident, so please respect the passing and R.I.P Rocky Cutsforth.. here is the article http://atvmagblog.com/2010/05/21/rox-speed-fx-owner-rocky-cutsforth-dies/

Edited by smv ryder
R.I.P Rocky Cutsforth

can you please explain more.. the risers look the same and they both pivot? how does the roxspeed move the bars back but the powermadd does not? i have studied the pics and i know they may not be accurate but i do not see how they differ? do you have any pics of your risers? i think for ten more bucks the looks of roxspeed is worth it. but if it puts the bar towards me more it does no good for what i am looking for.. height and foward ridin

thanks for your input.. please post pics

daryl

i think he was comparing the powermadd to mine.

well is it a better idea to buy risers or just buy pastrana fmx bars/woods high??

The thing with just putting on really tall bars is that to get the bars forward you have to roll the bars forward and that will throw off angle of the bars where the grips which can become uncomfortable. The bar risers move the bars so they can maintain the correct angle for the best ride. To be honest i used our stock bars for quite a while and it made it so much better and made the bars tolerable. I got some CR high bars and it feels just about right and i am about 6'1".

• 5 months later...
I was thinking of that riser too for the exact same reasons. But I went with this one from PowerMadd instead http://powermadd.com/products/PowerRiser475.html. It has about the same amount of rise and is able to rotate like the ROX. I can tell you that I am very happy with the PowerMadd riser. The rise up AND the forward adjustment at the same time gave me just what I was looking for. My XR has much more room in the saddle and standing up and staying up on the pegs is much easier. I feel much more in control of the bike especially at the end of a day long dual sport ride and here comes another stretch of hoops! I had no problems with the stock cables working either, it did take some "re arranging" of them to get the proper throttle operation but not to so much to be an issue. I hope this helps

FYI - I'm 6'1" and I think the XR400 was made for guys about 5'6".

Brad_Cad now that you have had time to run the powermadd bar risers, do you still like them? Do they hold up in a crash? I like the fact that there is not long bolts taking all the torque of the front end of the bike as the other bar risers incorporate. What do you think?

Brad_Cad now that you have had time to run the powermadd bar risers, do you still like them? Do they hold up in a crash? I like the fact that there is not long bolts taking all the torque of the front end of the bike as the other bar risers incorporate. What do you think?

Well farmerjohn I can say that I still like them and would buy them again. they have not moved, wiggled. loosened or anything like that at all. In fact for the most part I have forgot about them most of the time and to me thats a GOOD modification. As for crashing I can't say for sure, I only had a couple slow-speed-tip-over-get-offs with them so far but as stated above they this riser has required no attention from me what soever. I am VERY happy with it.

Brad_cad

well is it a better idea to buy risers or just buy pastrana fmx bars/woods high??

Keep in mind that bars may be a "sacrificial" item in a crash or getoff; they may bend, where risers can be transferred from bike-to-bike most likely.

To experiment with different bar heights, I got the Tusk 2" ones. Inexpensive ($20), and plenty of adjustment. Bars do end up moving toward the rear some. which has been mentioned to be undesirable by some. YMMV.

2007-Moose-Racing-Universal-Handlebar-Clamp-Kit.jpg

My1985XL600RRisers.jpg