Getting ready for Motard Race with DRZ434 sm

Hello guys. As the topic says i would like to participate or try to get into motard race to see how i go with my DRZ434. I would like to know if anyone knows what i need to have in order to get into the races besides the racing license that i will do shortly.

I know you need to have crash protectors on the wheels, on the Wheel Bar, crash protectors ok the forges....

those i know any one else to let me know ?

Thanks

Edited by MIRAGE

Hello guys. As the topic says i would like to participate or try to get into motard race to see how i go with my DRZ434. I would like to know if anyone knows what i need to have in order to get into the races besides the racing license that i will do shortly.

I know you need to have crash protectors on the wheels, on the Wheel Bar, crash protectors ok the forges....

those i know any one else to let me know ?

Thanks

There are strict guidelines to follow in regards to the preparation of your bike for racing...

Your local bike shop should have contact details for your local Racing authority....

You normally would receive a copy of these regulations after you obtain a racing licence..That's how it works here , in Australia..

Cheers,Craig

i see. He told me that i need something like a basket for the carb hoses to put them inside also i need to put the hose that come from the engine. i dont know wherever is true or not or how i have to do this

Anyone who knows ?

Thanks

i see. He told me that i need something like a basket for the carb hoses to put them inside also i need to put the hose that come from the engine. i dont know wherever is true or not or how i have to do this

Anyone who knows ?

Thanks

He is talking about a canister to which you route your carby overflow hoses . A small pvc bottle would do the job..

The engine breather pipe feeds back to the airbox, so you shouldn't have to worry about that one...

There are other aspects in regards to the preparation of your bike for racing...e.g/ no coolant, lockwiring caps/bolts, engine oil catch trays etc.

A comprehensive list should be found in the regulation booklet...๐Ÿ˜

hehehehehe ๐Ÿ˜ thanks a lot buddy. I will do the racing license hopefully soon ... In addition i will need also slipper clutch that i will get from STM. or you know any other brand ?

The small bottle i should be able to attach it behind the spring ?

hehehehehe ๐Ÿ˜ thanks a lot buddy. I will do the racing license hopefully soon ... In addition i will need also slipper clutch that i will get from STM. or you know any other brand ?

The small bottle i should be able to attach it behind the spring ?

Just zip tie a small bottle to your frame ...It dosen't really matter where,as long its below the level of your carb and is not in the way.....

You will also need to run the breather pipe from you fuel tank to it..

Check this thread..https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783739&page=4&highlight=fuel+catch+bottle

ptgarcia tank looks neat on page 4....๐Ÿ˜

hehhehee yeah its very nice the last one:P what about for slipper clutch ? or i should try first without ?

thanks

Just zip tie a small bottle to your frame ...It dosen't really matter where,as long its below the level of your carb and is not in the way.....

You will also need to run the breather pipe from you fuel tank to it..

Check this thread..https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783739&page=4&highlight=fuel+catch+bottle

ptgarcia tank looks neat on page 4....๐Ÿ˜

I see. But let's say I get the STM slipper clutch will it help me in enduro in case I don't want to run in motard race? Or what about if I use the bike in daily bases including the STM slipper clutch? Will it be better not to have it? Or to have it?

Slipper clutch is not necessary, unless you have some money to burn.

Find out to see if siliconing drain bolts, etc., will be sufficient rather than safety wiring them. It for sure save time in doing so.

I see. But let's say I get the STM slipper clutch will it help me in enduro in case I don't want to run in motard race? Or what about if I use the bike in daily bases including the STM slipper clutch? Will it be better not to have it? Or to have it?

Not necessary for any of the 3 purposes you mentioned. The standard clutch will be sufficient for your occassional race use, and definitely will not be needed for daily street use, unless you're planning on coming in hot in every corner you come across, and sliding that back end around.

"Save your money for a rainy day," as they say!

thanks man. i think the only think that iam missing now is the catch can that i have to install. I need to find a nice one or do it on my own ๐Ÿ˜ i so some on e-bay for like $20

Catch can for the carb ! Only water or water wetter in radiator No antifreeze !! Bar ends axel sliders. Oil drain plug safety wired along with filler cap.

heheheheh ๐Ÿ˜ thanks a lot man ๐Ÿ˜ i would probably just change the clutch plates including springs... any advice ?

Thanks

Not necessary for any of the 3 purposes you mentioned. The standard clutch will be sufficient for your occassional race use, and definitely will not be needed for daily street use, unless you're planning on coming in hot in every corner you come across, and sliding that back end around.

"Save your money for a rainy day," as they say!