1st valve check

I'm in the middle of checking my valves for the first time. I have a little less then 1600 miles. The shop checked them the first time around 700 miles. I have double checked everything and come up with the following. I am at TDC with the lobes facing out at 10 and 2.

Lt ex 21mm

Rt ex 20mm

Lt in 16mm

Rt in 15mm

Am I okay with these numbers?

ummmm... those numbers are kinda big. 21mm is more than 3/4 of an inch. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, and my shop book is in the garage, but I know that those aren't right. I think you missed a decimal place there somewhere...

that's sorta what I figured... Those numbers look right, I think it is between .004"-.008" for intake and .008"-.012" for exhaust. I think you are fine. I am sure that someone here has posted the specs, so you might want to check, as I have a coupla few frosty adult beverages in me, and cannot guaruntee my memory is accurate. My memory is also in inches... multiply my numbers by 25.4 and you get the units that the rest of the world uses...

What are the intervals that the valves should be checked. After a few brews my memory does not serve me well (read -- too lazy to go out to the shed!)

The manual calls for the first one way past 700 miles or even 2000 miles for that matter.

Or is this something like the stated oil change intervals listed in the manual.

i would check it a 600 mile and every 600 after.if they start to move you want to be aware of it before it strands you somewhere becuase it wont start.

Dam that owner’s manual!

What’s the service manual like? Is it worth it? I can speak for BMW shop manuals, they are pretty much a waste of $100.00.