Bleeding tc kyb forks

I think I stumbled across something just thinking about it on bleeding these forks . When you are bleeding and the oil comes out the two little side ports I find that perhaps Ive always been doing it wrong . when Ive pushed the damper in all the way til it bottoms out I feel Im pushing it in perhaps a little to far . I think that I should stop short about maybe 25mm as I dont think the actual damper travels that far and hence why the fork damping at the very beginning of the stroke is kinda dead . Anyone else run across this ?

The compression for bleeding should be done with the rod lock nuts run all the way down on the rod threads, and compressed until it stops. As long as the rod will return to full extension on its own after the bleeding stroke, it has not been compressed too far in the process. If it falls short of return just to full extension under its own power, than you should repeat the process.

If you stop short of full compression by the amount you are talking about (25mm), you may not fully bleed the cartridge free of air, for one thing, and for another, the first time you bottom the unit, it will bleed the excess oil out anyway. I usually do stop just short of full compression, but only by 5-6 mm or less.

One thing that I do to get a little bigger burp out of the unit is to extend the damper rods about 20-25mm before inserting the base valve assembly, instead of fully compressing them as prescribed. If you overdo this, it makes it very hard to get the threads on the valve assembly to lead into the cartridge, but you can do it with a small extra extension at the start. Then I run them through several half travel strokes and park them for an hour or two to let all the bubbles that may have worked out of the base valve to rise to the top before actually bleeding them.

The compression for bleeding should be done with the rod lock nuts run all the way down on the rod threads, and compressed until it stops. As long as the rod will return to full extension on its own after the bleeding stroke, it has not been compressed too far in the process. If it falls short of return just to full extension under its own power, than you should repeat the process.

If you stop short of full compression by the amount you are talking about (25mm), you may not fully bleed the cartridge free of air, for one thing, and for another, the first time you bottom the unit, it will bleed the excess oil out anyway. I usually do stop just short of full compression, but only by 5-6 mm or less.

One thing that I do to get a little bigger burp out of the unit is to extend the damper rods about 20-25mm before inserting the base valve assembly, instead of fully compressing them as prescribed. If you overdo this, it makes it very hard to get the threads on the valve assembly to lead into the cartridge, but you can do it with a small extra extension at the start. Then I run them through several half travel strokes and park them for an hour or two to let all the bubbles that may have worked out of the base valve to rise to the top before actually bleeding them.

Hey if the inner chamber was not bled correct,what would u notice when riding?

I have tryed and tryed every difrent way to bleed the inner chamber,BUT i can still not ge the damping rod to extend the full way,

(i.e...i put the damping rod on the ground and push the the chamber towards it ,and let it come back up,,so it is pushing up against the waight of the oil and chamber)

it will stop 15mm short of full extention every time,both forks r the same.

i rode the bike and dindt rely notcie anything Worg? except that after half stroke it if prity harsh. i.e on hard landing.

But i just assumed that it was a valving issue?

Is the harshnes due to the inner chamber?

is it normal for the daming rod not to extend the last 15mm?

This is rely recking my head trying to sort it out ­čśĆ

P.S when i was bleeding and had not pushed the chamber down the full way,,I.E had not pushed the chamber past half way,and was still oil in the upper part of the chamber to come out of the bleed hole..it would spring back up to full stroke,,,but as soon as i went to full stroke it would not,and stop 15mm short.

Hope im being clear..

Thanks