KTM 125 SX Problem

Hello guys,

Sorry i'm new here and not sure if i've put this in the correct place.

I was out practicing 2 weeks ago and my KTM 125 SX 2005 felt great ! ­čśĆ

I went out on the bike this weekend and the bike seems to have a bit of a problem.

In nutral and low revs the bike feels normal, but, in high gear at high revs the bike seems to have lost power. Spectators also told me that the bike is quieter. For some reason the bike has lost all the top-end power. The only thing i've done to it since the last time is clean it.

I was thinking maybe piston rings??

Really confused and have a race on Sunday so would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Ok thanks !

Will check that tomorow ­čśĆ

One more problem of such (which i've been ignoring to be honest).

There is a knocking sound coming from the clutch side of the engine, in gear under load the knocking goes away. Also, i spun the magneto with my hand listening to the knocking, then i took the engine oil cap off and put a bit of pressure on the clutch basket with my finger - THIS MADE THE NOISE GO AWAY !!!

This problem i was thinking drive gear maybe??

Thanks again

Hello guys,

Sorry i'm new here and not sure if i've put this in the correct place.

I was out practicing 2 weeks ago and my KTM 125 SX 2005 felt great ! ­čśĆ

I went out on the bike this weekend and the bike seems to have a bit of a problem.

In nutral and low revs the bike feels normal, but, in high gear at high revs the bike seems to have lost power. Spectators also told me that the bike is quieter. For some reason the bike has lost all the top-end power. The only thing i've done to it since the last time is clean it.

I was thinking maybe piston rings??

Really confused and have a race on Sunday so would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks in advance.

if the powervalve system is the same as the 250/300 . . . you might have dropped the pin that is only press-fit into a plate. it fall into the tranny/clutch and you loose power on the top end (no power-valve)