Front brake hanger!! I NEED ONE

So I broke the hanger on my front brake and yamaha only sells the entire caliper. I have the CR caliper and just need the hanger. Anyone have any ideas?? I'll be buying an entire caliper off eBay just for the hanger if there is no other way.

Doesn't an oversized rotor kit come with a different hanger?? If so, anyone have their old one laying around??!!

Edited by Yroc

So I broke the hanger on my front brake and yamaha only sells the entire caliper. I have the CR caliper and just need the hanger. Anyone have any ideas?? I'll be buying an entire caliper off eBay just for the hanger if there is no other way.

Doesn't an oversized rotor kit come with a different hanger?? If so, anyone have their old one laying around??!!

Make sure you specify which year you need. 06 and 07 are different from 08 and newer. I presume you need an 06????

You are right RC, I need one for an 05 or 06. I guess those are are same as my original brake came with my bike which is 05.

I thought for a while I had 07 forks as these are my second set, RC, remember those forks you saw at that 'lost in shipping' store? I got those to replace my others. Anyway, I guess they are not 07's as you say the hanger is different. I thought they were 07's cause the anodized ring at the top was a little darker.

You are right RC, I need one for an 05 or 06. I guess those are are same as my original brake came with my bike which is 05.

I thought for a while I had 07 forks as these are my second set, RC, remember those forks you saw at that 'lost in shipping' store? I got those to replace my others. Anyway, I guess they are not 07's as you say the hanger is different. I thought they were 07's cause the anodized ring at the top was a little darker.

Sorry, you are right. The 07 250f had the mini fork drop-out, but only that model for 07.

Our yz 250's kept the big one until 08. So did the 450f, so that might be a good place to check as well. Actually, you cna go further back as that caliper was the same for a long time...back to 98. I woudl hate to recommend bakc that far as the disc size changed.

But heres a 450f caliper, with hanger for 39.99. I doubt anyone would sell one for less. Selling one woudl mean you cannot strip the oversize rotor off the bike for resale. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-YZ450-F-Front-Brake-Caliper-yz-yz450-2006-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5888bb2b0eQQitemZ380251089678QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories