Anyone down for a quick 8th St. ride tonight?

I've never ridden 8th st except once on my dualsport (on some boring easy stuff on the frontside). Seems like it would be hot right now.

I would check it out w/you except we are now in summer mode, where we spend the week earning money and cleaning gear and fixing bikes so we can go ride again all day sat and sun. Stanley area again this week... and next week.... 😏 Maybe you should walk downtown and check out Jaialdi. I was gonna do that today but had too many errands to run. Maybe tomorrow....

The official llama club stanley ride is aug 7-8. I've promised to make the course more humane, but I don't know if I will or not.

Yeah I know it's pretty hot but boredom calls! And it would be less hot up on top.

It pisses me off because my weekends always seem to find themselves occupied with bs: birthdays or unexpected housework or camping/boating trips.

For instance, I'd love to go to the llama club ride in Stanley, except that I'm supposed to climb Mt. Borah that weekend.

I'm not complaining. I just realized that if I want to ride anytime soon I guess it has to be on the weekday. At least for the next month or two.

😏

IMO......8th St is great for a quick ride just out of town..... it is what it is and were lucky to have something so close.... I like it becuase I can ride my DRZ right from my house!

Dagget Crk has a technical component to it....4 and 6 on the front side pretty much suck when it's ragin hot in the valley.

Llama.....don't water down your Stanley ride....last year was a blast!

It pisses me off because my weekends always seem to find themselves occupied with bs: birthdays or unexpected housework or camping/boating trips.

I used to have that problem. Then I started ignoring everything except riding on the weekends. 😏 I think it's been almost 2 years since I went an entire weekend without riding. I did have some close calls tho. We visited tresa's parents at thanksgiving and I only rode for a couple hours on sunday when we got back.

Went last night and there are no concerns with the heat.

Trail 4 is a little slick, dusty, and rough and you definitely get the heat there, but once you make it to the road and into the trees it's awesome.

I would go with ya one night after work once this heat wave goes away. Dagget and Upper or Lower Eagleson make a nice after work loop ride.

Rode 4 to 6 to Daggett, into Clear Cr. for something to drink, back out lower Eagleson, down 4 to the parking lot a couple of weeks ago, great after work ride.😏

• 2 weeks later...

i was mountain biking up at 8th street and camels back park about 2 or 3 weeks ago and saw 2 dudes on dirtbikes go by about 100 ft up on some other trail. It was kinda at the beginning of the trails, by the houses and some parking area with a large building.(i know my descriptions suck) How far back does 8th street go that you can actualy ride the dirtbikes? Is it fun to just play around on?

You can't ride motos until the third parking lot...about a mile 1/2 up the hill. If these guys were riding close to camels back they're idiots.

Only real trail on this side is 4 and 5 or 6..... moto trails are off the ridge on the backside.