Home-made step up seat! before/after

hey guys today i made a shaved seat/ step up. well not really a step up more of a bump. i just used a kitchen knife and shaved it down, it took a long time and it was messy, im sure theres a better way to do it, but im happy with the outcome! i used a bar pad for the bump.

Before...

IMG_0196.jpg

AFTER!!!

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

What do you guys think?

I give you props for trying this:worthy:! But that will be nothing but a pain in your.............. well butt. They make seats like this for the 4 stroke bikes. Not really a mod made for the 2 stroke. Take it out and go back to the way it was before. It looked tits the way it was before. Plus you are going to ruin that seat cover. Good looking bike without the bar pad hidden under the seat cover.😏

We made this for my boy's KX85. took a gardening knee pad $3 (like a cutting board but out of high density foam, cut a piece the same shape as the last 8 or so inches of his seat, attached it using contact cement then shaved it to the right shape - it transitions from full height (1") to nothing at the back of the seat and the front edge has a slight angle to it. you only have to remove the staples on the back half of the cover.

It is not supposed to be a big tall bump, it is supposed to be a small bump just to indicate to the rider by means of touching his butt where on the seat he is currently positioned.

102_1965.jpg

I give you props for trying this:worthy:! But that will be nothing but a pain in your.............. well butt. They make seats like this for the 4 stroke bikes. Not really a mod made for the 2 stroke. Take it out and go back to the way it was before. It looked tits the way it was before. Plus you are going to ruin that seat cover. Good looking bike without the bar pad hidden under the seat cover.😏

I don't think you understand the purpose of the seat bump. It's not there for looks, it's to help hold the rider in the proper riding position. This one does look a little tall and maybe a little far back, but it should do the job. And it's not really a two stroke or four stroke thing, they work the same on all bikes.

I don't think you understand the purpose of the seat bump. It's not there for looks, it's to help hold the rider in the proper riding position. This one does look a little tall and maybe a little far back, but it should do the job. And it's not really a two stroke or four stroke thing, they work the same on all bikes.

I never said it was for looks. It has a few uses. And yes it will work on all bikes, but if I remember correctly it was made specially for 4 strokes.

http://www.mxsouth.com/factoryeffex/factory-effex-seat-foams-for-all-brands-seat-bump.htm

With that said.................. I just think that if he wants a seat bump it should be done the right way. Thats all. 😏

We made this for my boy's KX85. took a gardening knee pad $3 (like a cutting board but out of high density foam, cut a piece the same shape as the last 8 or so inches of his seat, attached it using contact cement then shaved it to the right shape - it transitions from full height (1") to nothing at the back of the seat and the front edge has a slight angle to it. you only have to remove the staples on the back half of the cover.

It is not supposed to be a big tall bump, it is supposed to be a small bump just to indicate to the rider by means of touching his butt where on the seat he is currently positioned.

102_1965.jpg

Now that's how it's done

i wish i had some better materials. i was just bored and wanted see if i could do it. i like the feel of it so i dont think im going to change it. however i do like the idea of that gardening knee board or that factory effex step up. but i just made use of what i had at home. im not that big of a racer so it dosnt really matter, its good enough for me and im happy with it. thanks for all the suggestions though guys!!