UPDATE /Metzger jumped/BACKFLIPPED over the Golden Gate Bridge!!!!

:jawdrop:No $ht I was their.

:worthy:Mike Metzger was at DCA (Disney's California Adventures) (across from Disneyland) This morning and was I think testing out an Idea for a T.V. ad.

At the front gate their is a model of the Golden Gate Bridge which the monorail passes over.

And Metz did 6 six backflips over it way clean. :D๐Ÿ™‚

About 40ft.

OK to tell the story I'll have to admit I work their. Lets just say I help to "build" :D the magic.

I heard that their would be some X games stuff going on at DCA soon.

I was driving (In one of are electric scooters)buy the hotel that goes directly into DCA park and saw a guy with tats and a goatee in street clothes loading up bags into another electric scooter.

I said to my budy "dam that guy looks like metz"! Then I explained who he was.

On are way back I saw some of the park was baracaded off :D

So I asked the guard He didn't know to much but I went to a couple places and saw the ramp and got stoked yeah I've got to check this out!

But my boss was waiting for a tool so I brought it then came back about 30 to 40 minuts later and was able to get up close.

DAM I missed it :D But I was able to get in close and snoop around.

The ramp guys wher packing up and their wher two pickups with a closely matching bike in each one. I checked them out then asked one of the ramp guys how it went.

He said Metz did it 6 times smooth and said ask him your self her he comes now. I turned left and He walked right up to me to put his gear in his truck.

He's a cool dude he took alittle time to talk to me.

He said they are coming back to shoot the commercial but I can't remember the date.

I always think these poeple who go nuts over stars are lame , they are just poeple like you and me.

Butt I was totally stoked to see this happening at work and to kinda just run into Metz.

They are going to have X game exhibitions at DCA July 1st through augst10th :D

I just had to share :D

My wife thinks he's great. Maybe she has a crush on him or somthing. He always seems to be having a good time and is never rude or vulgar. He's the kind of Dude that would be cool to hang out with, however I don't know I would like to ride with him as his is SOOOOOOO much faster/better than I.

That sounds realy cool ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a full interview with Metz on tape at one of his first Supermoto races and talked a while about the sport . :D

Yah! I mentioned supermoto he said it is really fun.

Its kind of funny living in SoCal you can see the pros at local tracks and around town (Riverside).

I never really bother them I'll give a thumbs up on the freeway butt my nephew has his helmet covered with the pros sigs though.

And thats cool.

But to be able to see this at work and when I bumped into him I was tripped out.

It must be so cool to have a dirtbike industry job and see that kind of stuff all the time.

:thinking:Maybe I could get a job building jump ramps or someting??

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Today Mez was back and they shot the TV comercial.

They let alot of press and other people in to check it out.

It was sort of a X games opening ceremonys.

I was able to get away this time and saw the whole thing.

On my way to the bridge I ran into him again but he looked to be focusing for the jump so I just showed respect and kept walking.

I found a great spot.

It was ๐Ÿ™‚ cool . He didn't do the back flip and I'm not sure now that he did it the last time but he threw some sick tricks.

I got pictures.

Yesterday they started the MX freestyle shows that they will be having. It was the employees only preshow .

It was pretty cool esspecialy for Disney! They had about eight riders Mez and some other guys that I didn't really know but they are all good.

I think I spent to much time out in the sun looking at girls and drinking beer with my budy after the event , cause I felt like crap when I got home last night.

FYI(DCA sells BEER!!).

The MX freestyle show will run 4 times a day from now on to august 10.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D๐Ÿ˜‰:usa::D :D :D :D

PS excues ma fer bad spelin

My wife thinks he's great. Maybe she has a crush on him or somthing. He always seems to be having a good time and is never rude or vulgar. He's the kind of Dude that would be cool to hang out with, however I don't know I would like to ride with him as his is SOOOOOOO much faster/better than I.

If Metz is sooooooooocooooooool why did he disappoint a couple hundred fans at the Motard Nationals in Vallejo this last May, by complaining to a official and packing up his crap and leaving? ๐Ÿ™‚ Your're right he probably is not vulgar. :D

If Metz is sooooooooocooooooool why did he disappoint a couple hundred fans at the Motard Nationals in Vallejo this last May, by complaining to a official and packing up his crap and leaving? ๐Ÿ™‚ Your're right he probably is not vulgar. :D

It's called "voting with your feet". I use it all the time when I'm in a crappy situation. Something was obviously not right for him and he said his piece and split. I respect that.

I respect your opinion Drew, however I have to disagree with you here! Sportmanship-conduct (as fairness, respect for one's opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing) becoming to one participating in a sport. I am not going to beat this to death, but guys, SM is still in it's infancy, and it takes leaders like Mr. Metzger ( a good egg, icon to the sport)to participate in a sportsman like manner to keep the sport alive! ๐Ÿ™‚ Super Motard is awesome, and I personally will enjoy the sport for many years to come, as it's popularity is increasing by the day. Looking forward to participating in the Novice class next spring!

I respect your opinion Drew, however I have to disagree with you here! Sportmanship-conduct (as fairness, respect for one's opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing) becoming to one participating in a sport. I am not going to beat this to death, but guys, SM is still in it's infancy, and it takes leaders like Mr. Metzger ( a good egg, icon to the sport)to participate in a sportsman like manner to keep the sport alive! ๐Ÿ™‚ Super Motard is awesome, and I personally will enjoy the sport for many years to come, as it's popularity is increasing by the day. Looking forward to participating in the Novice class next spring!

I don't know why he left never herd about it before .

Butt if the track was unsafe then your right he should be a leader and refuse to race.

To make sure they get off to a good/safe start.