125 or 450/400

hey im 14 years old i ride a ktm 125sx. i ride woods but my dad and other dads in our riding group wanna go dual sporting now.. my dad wants me to sell my bike and get a 400 street legal or 450. but i really just think 4 strokes cost too much considering most people i know sell there 4 strokes anytime it needs engine work.. thanks for your 2 cents!

I think you would be mental to buy a 400 or a 450 at 14. A 400 (drz) will be boring and heavy, and a 450 will be to much to control and heavy. If you decide on a 4 stroke just get a 250F. I'd just keep the 125 and find new riding buddies.

For dual-sport, you don't have that many choices. A 250F (250x) is a good machine, but isn't going to me much of an improvement over your 125sx. A DRZ-400 is a good, relatively low-cost choice. They're uber reliable and imo a great bike for that purpose.

Now, if it were me, I'd tell my dad that since it's his decision that he wants you to ride dual sport, and not yours, why doesn't he front the $$ for the DRZ and let you keep the 125sx since you would prefer to ride woods in the first place. That doesn't mean that he'll do it, but you'll have said your piece and maybe he'll reconsider making you pay for his change in riding habits. ­čśĆ