Lower = faster

I was listening to an interview with Ricky Carmichael, when asked about his bike set up ( and now that it doesn't have to be a big secret ) he stated that since he is so short 5'6" that both his Honda and Suzuki where set up the same way by shorting the rear shock and cutting the sub frame he said he kept the front on the high and soft side so he could still feel it with these changes he said a shorter rider like himself had much better control overall and most importantly his corner speed improved enormously. So does anyone know if this would be a way to go for a shorter rider trying to get the same result ? Thanks:thumbsup:

I was listening to an interview with Ricky Carmichael, when asked about his bike set up ( and now that it doesn't have to be a big secret ) he stated that since he is so short 5'6" that both his Honda and Suzuki where set up the same way by shorting the rear shock and cutting the sub frame he said he kept the front on the high and soft side so he could still feel it with these changes he said a shorter rider like himself had much better control overall and most importantly his corner speed improved enormously. So does anyone know if this would be a way to go for a shorter rider trying to get the same result ? Thanks:thumbsup:

Sounds like your normal sag figures that everyone spends so much time on goes out the window, I'm only a bush basher but I change the heights and springs of my bikes for the terrain and my shortish legs not magical industry figures.