Help save Cadillac Ranch MX!

Someone needs to go investigate the 'neighbor' for ANY wrongdoings at all, and SUE HIM. Nobody is perfect. He's doing something wrong...drag his butt into court and force him to deal with it. Turnabout is fairplay in my book. Ever wonder why the ski resorts never get sued? Cuz they sue back.

any time a nieghbor files a complaint against a track, the nieghbor seems to have more rights than the track owners. i hope all that see this will write a letter, as the show of public support is very important here. people drive for many miles to ride at cadallac ranch and it is very good for there local economy so be sure to include that in the letter, very popular place!

Herein lies the problem. MX tracks always try to play nice when dealing with theses things. IT DOESN"T WORK! I have a private track and great neighbors but should that change and someone new comes in and tries to shut it down I will make their life miserable. Stop acting like a victim and get pro-active. Hire a good attorney, don't cave, and "help" the offending party see the error of their ways..................

Herein lies the problem. MX tracks always try to play nice when dealing with theses things. IT DOESN"T WORK! I have a private track and great neighbors but should that change and someone new comes in and tries to shut it down I will make their life miserable. Stop acting like a victim and get pro-active. Hire a good attorney, don't cave, and "help" the offending party see the error of their ways..................

+1 Agreed! ?

A good attorney will pay for himself over and over....had to learn that the hard way. ?

...how much would "said" lawyer cost to Private Joe Citizen protecting his private track and how does that pay him over and over again? I'm really just curious how much a good attorney would cost for an average run of the mill "protect my private track" litigation.

+1 Agreed! ?

A good attorney will pay for himself over and over....had to learn that the hard way. ?

So, when you say "don't cave," do you mean that you have deeper pockets to out battle your opponent?

it can really depend on the county you are dealing with. i know that clark county, and king couty are black and white, it would be shut down! but there are other countys such as cowlitz that would be more forgiving of a track. regardless, they need the show of public support.

...how much would "said" lawyer cost to Private Joe Citizen protecting his private track and how does that pay him over and over again? I'm really just curious how much a good attorney would cost for an average run of the mill "protect my private track" litigation.

Is he picking an attorney from the yellow pages, or do they know somebody? My suggestion when you don't know an attorney that can help you, is to go to the court in the applicable jurisdiction and sit thru a court session or two, or three, etc. You will quickly notice who is 'in the know' in that particular court. Talk to that person. If they can't help you, they can point you in the direction required. At this point, you're not contracting for much more than a letter that says you've obtained legal help, and are GOING to do something if the problem can't be mitigated. A solid legal letter from a respected attorney in the jurisdiction where it will be heard is usually enough to stop the BS.

Just my experience

Hey,

Not real clear what the neighbor's complaint was. Dust? Traffic? Probably noise...

Here in Snohomish County noise levels for motorized sports are measured at adjoining properties, but allowable decibels are also subject to noise producing property zoning and the noise receiving property zoning. I would assume Cadillac Ranch is Rural Sender to Rural Receiver which are the most restrictive decibel levels. (Daytime vs. nightime is also huge.)

Before the owners spend a bunch of dinero on lawyers, they need to buy a cheap decible meter and measure thier noise for a race/group/ at the nearest property boundary.

If the owners are way over allowable decibels, then some other mitigations might be needed.

BullTaco

Good call Tod.

It sounds like the Ranch went from an informal, family play track to an advertised, commerical, admissioned venue. In many places, that sort of "upgrade" can be a zoning problem.

To answer an earlier post, land use lawyer's fees seem to vary...$275 to $500

would probably put you in the ballpark. But remember, attorneys charge you for advice....including answering short e-mails and phone calls.

BullTaco