what bike to get after a cr 80

now i ride a 2001 cr 80 and i am getting a little big for it, i like to ride trails and do some jumps, also i love bikes with LOTS of power so will a 125 2t have lots of power compared to my 80 or should i just get a 250 2t?

125 2T or 250F (if you are planning on racing 4-strokes in the future). A 250 2T can really hurt a learning rider. The other issue with going from an 80 to a 250 2T is that you bypass some critical skills like mastering clutch control (which equates to powerband control) and managing momentum into and out of turns (which translates into having enough "energy" to properly hit jumps on turn exits) that you can really only get by spending some time on a 125 2T.

Fwiw, 125 2T's have more power than most casual riders ever learn to master. When I hear someone say that they want more power, it's more often the case than not that they haven't taken the time to learn to get the maximum performance out of their own bike; something perhaps as simple as dropping a tooth on the front sprocket to help make the bike perform more like what they want. Just a thought...

who do you think makes the best 125, i like ktm but there aren't many around here

Dealers, or bikes? For learning, any major brand bike will do, really. I like KTM too, but I'd probably get a red/blue/yellow/green bike if only because no matter where I go, someone will have parts for it and know how to work on it. I'm not a huge Kawasaki fan, but I wouldn't pass up a great deal on one either.

Im a fan of the Yz's but wouldnt pass up any late model 125 for the right price! They are all "similar" (I guess you could call it that) in performance for the typical weekend rider. If you ride everyday and know exactly what you want out of your bike then one may have the advantage over another, other than that they are all great bikes.