Entertaining first 4 stroke, need advice

Ok, still looking at 4 strokes.

How about these guys? Any input?

2007 yz250f

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/mcy/1867196668.html

2008 rmz250

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/1862679941.html

I read the reviews for the years released and the suzuki looks like the best, but with all the gearbox issues I've seen, its a tough call. I've seen the suzuki, its in excellent shape. Starts on first kick and has no frame wear, indicating its never been crashed as much as I will crash it! LOL

Lemme know what you guys think.

thanks!

i agree with ji813. For that price and with those hours its a steal. The yami also looks super super clean. Ride both see what you like. I ride a yz250, and i love it. Everyone has differnt opinions

Anything I should look for in either bike that would be a turn-off? Here is what I normally look for:

- Frame wear where your boots go

- Fairing components worn (multiple crashes)

- Sprocket condition and wear

- Over-all cleanliness

- How quick/easy it is to start cold and hot

- Smoke coming out of pipe.

- Suspension feeling both ft/rear

Any other tips/tricks to making sure you buy the right bike?

I wish I could ride them, but most people only let you ride them around the block on tarmac, that doesn't really help get too much of a feeling for the machine.

Even though the suzuki was higher rated then the yamaha? That suzuki hasn't been raced either, I have a feeling the yamaha was, but I agree it is a great price.

Both are very good looking bikes, just that around 10hrs and the starting price is at 2.5k it is hard to pass on the Yamaha unless there are some issues with it.

I don't put a lot of stock into bike testing reviews, I can't recall if it was the kx250f or the 450f but I remember seeing one group rate it poorly and another rate it in the top 2 in their shootout.

Any idea on the hours on the Suzuki? Or if the seller is firm on 3k?

I agree with Alan267 just go look at them and see which one you like better and then go from thier but really looks like you can not go wrong with eiter one of them. If I had to choose between the two I would take the yamaha just because it is cheapier.

1:Check chain and sprockets.

2:Check brake pads make sure that they are good.

3:Check the front and rear rotor's make sure they are not worn.

4:This may sound stupid but be sure to check the motor oil on the bike because just recently I had a friend bought a 2006 Crf250r and the guy lied to him and locked his bike up.

Edited by onefasthonda
missed up

Both are very good looking bikes, just that around 10hrs and the starting price is at 2.5k it is hard to pass on the Yamaha unless there are some issues with it.

I don't put a lot of stock into bike testing reviews, I can't recall if it was the kx250f or the 450f but I remember seeing one group rate it poorly and another rate it in the top 2 in their shootout.

Any idea on the hours on the Suzuki? Or if the seller is firm on 3k?

The suzuki seller didn't know how many hours he had on it, no meter. He said it had never been raced and it is super clean. The suzuki also has had a lot of suspension work done to it, plus in 2008 it was the 2nd highest rated 250f machine out their. I'm not worried about the $500 price difference, I'm just more interested in getting the right bike, though it still seems like the yarmaha is gonna be the one!