01 kickstand replacement

Well, my kickstand bolt finally gave it up. Unfortantly, it was during a race and I ended up losing the whole kickstand in the process. Any good replacements out there or do I buy new from the dealer? 🙂

My kickstand bolt broke this weekend too, lucky for me it was in my garage. It just went snap and my bike fell over hard on the cement. Never heard of a kickstand bolt breaking like that before so I was wondering if some one makes a hardened steel one?

Arnie

For the old style 01 and some early 02 models that have the flat mounting plate the best I have seen and now have on my old 98 200 EXC came from Trailtech. It is the whole leg and bolt to match. Decent price too. Last time I checked they did not make one for the newer 02 and up with the shouldered mounting plate but you could adapt the Trailtech to the new bracket by grinding away the shoulder. I have a spare setup like that but may never need it since installing the BRAP bracket with stock leg to my 03 525 EXC.

Haven't tried the aftermarket stuff yet, but replace my kickstand bolt once a year as it's designed to shear off rather than bend at the frame.

I've never experienced bending the frame from a kickstand before, so it seems like a bit of overkill by KTM to me. But now that I've said it out loud, it will probably happen!