Looking for some advice on a neck brace, thinking Leatt...

well, I love mine. People drop $400 on exhaust all the time. I dropped $400 on a little extra protection from being confined to a wheelchair. Whether you believe they work or not, if you are considering getting one than you must feel like the added protection is something to consider. Well worth my $400.

Im also looking to get a brace and tried on the expensive alpinestars bionic neck brace and hated it. The brace did not have any padding and the material was very crude. When I put on the leatt gpx club I was very impressed with its fit and finish. The brace had lots of adjustments for size. I know its all about preference but I would reccomend the Leatt over the Astars, now all I need is $400.😏

I like mine. I have the Adv. I think the adventure will fit 95% 0f the people. The Adv. does have adjustments. I don't really notice it riding.

Edited by Yambo

I have the Leatt and recommend it. I tried the others and I don't like the way they sit on the shoulders and they seem to be restrictive forom turning your head side to side. I broke my neck 6 years ago without one and think it is good protection but, if you do a pile driver it may not be effective. Spend the $400 and get the adjustable one.

Edited by Thumpdaddy650

Here is my two cents on this one. I have the leatt brace and I can’t say enough about it. As far as a safety product I have to give it an A+, I will take the possibility of breaking a collarbone over a neck injury any day. Now let’s talk comfort. The first two or three rides it was kind of cumbersome and got (or so I thought) in the way of looking up on a steep decent. This is because it limits your head movement up and down however, with any new safety/restraint product it changes your mobility which is how it protects you. The biggest thing I noticed it’s the lack of helmet fatigue. Since the helmet sits on the brace you don’t get the kinetic energy transferred from the weight of the helmet pounding up and down on your neck while hammering the woops. I haven’t had a BIG crash since wearing the brace so I can’t say how well it works under a garage sale incident but, just like a helmet I don’t ride with out it and now when I stop for a rest I don’t take it off anymore

GO GET ONE

I bought the LEATT Club Sunday and had the first ride in it today. I was lucky to catch the LEATT rep at the WORCS event here Sunday and get not only a great price but also a fit session for the brace with a factory pro. VERY happy with the product - I rode 40+ miles on singletrack today in Capitol Forest and after the first 20 minutes did not notice the brace at all. An expensive investment, but so is a good helmet. If it keeps me in one piece in a hard crash down the road (hope THAT never happens), it will be worth five times as much...

Aloha,

Hamp