Any races or riding near Chardon, OH?

I'm interviewing tomorrow for a job on the east side of Cleveland (Euclid). Looking at a map, Chardon, OH looks like the area to live in. Anyone familiar with the riding opportunities in the area? I race hare scrambles, but enjoy watching motocross.

There is a ton of racing in Ohio. NE Ohio is mostly CRA. A bit further South is AMA D-11 for HS and a great enduro series A.C.E.S. (3-4 hours but well worth the drive!)

Lots of MX practice tracks, (look on pitracer.com for a list) and a few off road riding areas. Check crow canyon in Urichsville about 1:30 minutes from Chardon (crowcanyonmx.com)

yeah pit racer is where its at for ohio. there isent anything trail riding wise around at all. By chardon the closest place is tv land for mx and nemx which is the indoor track. There is amherst medolarks but you have to be a member or know someone for that. There is ramjam which is another indoor track on the westside which is nice. There is bear creek for trail riding thats probably to closest place to go its by the football hall of fame. Mines and meadows is in pa, but is another trail riding spot and probably the biggest and best organized place thats under 2 hours away. there is also apple cabin and smith road raceway for mx practice tracks.

I am always trying to find some local spots to ride, and dont know of any really. If you find any let me know. I know of some trails by chardon, but have not been to them yet. the only good local spot i know that has decent trails is out in pa lol which is not really local.

• 1 month later...

yea man there is plenty of riding to be done in NE Ohio you just gotta look around. Also like sdjclevland said you have tv land and nemx, also dont forget dirtworld. shoot i live like 20 minutes from all them, but i dont race motocross im a chicken. just like to trail ride.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I also enjoy trailriding, where east of Cleveland are there trails?

Check the Cleveland thread in the Dualsport forum. I know it's kinda lengthy, and mostly centers on the city and near suburbs, but there is some very good info in there.

Plenty of riding here in the city - believe it or not. Living and riding in a dying, anti-business town can have its advantages... ­čśĆ