Christmas in July

As many of you know, my bike was stolen in May and pretty trashed by the scum sucking thieves who stole it...well it has been a pretty trying wait, but I am about 95% back to good with it...Thanks to all the guys out there who helped me out with parts..?

So I purchased a new(to me) set of SM wheels and tires from a fellow TTer in Florida and couldn't wait to see how they looked..soooooo

ta da...

IMG00326.jpg

IMG00327.jpg

holy frijoles amigo, she's lookin even better than before already:thumbsup:

[edit] is that a real DR650SM sticker on the swingarm, or maybe some photoshop trickery?

Thanks, Bugs,

Yep that IS a real sticker and it Does say DR650SM

I got it from the same guys that I got all my reflective stuff from...

http://www.streetglo.net/

I went to the boat lettering section and chose the font and size and had em print me out 3 of em...and YES, I did manage to screw up the first one..:cheers:

Ive got her all back together now and will post some better pics..I took her out for a ride this evening and WOW this feels like a completely different bike..at first I was having some shimmy in the front tire and figured maybe it was from the tire sitting on one spot for a while and being cold and all, but then I decided to stop and check the air pressure,..yeah, yeah, I know..should've done that first..well, they were slightly underpressured, so aired em up and VOILA, shimmy gone...and with the smaller diameter rear tire, she seems to wind up and go faster...I run through the gears much quicker now it seems...and she handles like it's ON RAILS...? all my riding buddies that saw her for the first time today were VERY impressed and amazed that she looks so different and BAD A$$ now...just gotta look out for old Smokey..?

So I'm hoping that means you received the ignition...? Sorry I haven't followed up with the commercial invoice thing - couldn't find a quick way to do it, then got sidetracked with projects and life and blahblahblah and forgot to circle back to it...?

So I'm hoping that means you received the ignition...? Sorry I haven't followed up with the commercial invoice thing - couldn't find a quick way to do it, then got sidetracked with projects and life and blahblahblah and forgot to circle back to it...?

Hey, Mfed,

Yeah, got away with just using the PP invoice...customs guy wasd in a good mood...Thanks again for all the help..?

Hey caymanwent... adjust that white balance on your camera would ya? :banana: It looks like you have it set for florescent lighting.....

actually took those pics with my camera phone...:eek: i spend too much money on my bike to buy a camera...?

Might be a high tech camera phone with a white balance adjustment... :banana:

actually Rob, it should be illegal to be so perceptive:lol:

after you said that, I actually checked and it WAS set to flourescent white balance...that was SPOOKY:worthy:

Might be a high tech camera phone with a white balance adjustment... :banana:

I don't think it's bad form to hijack your own thread is it??:eek:

Rob,

I posted a question in another thread, but haven't gotten a single response...what should the resistance be on an LED flasher unit...I think maybe I fried mine when I was putting everything back together..my signals were working when I was putting things back together, but I think I may have shorted it...the signals will light up when I put the turn switch on, but they don't flash...my resistance reading is 0 ohms...any advice, suggestions??

I don't think it's bad form to hijack your own thread is it??:banana:

Rob,

I posted a question in another thread, but haven't gotten a single response...what should the resistance be on an LED flasher unit...I think maybe I fried mine when I was putting everything back together..my signals were working when I was putting things back together, but I think I may have shorted it...the signals will light up when I put the turn switch on, but they don't flash...my resistance reading is 0 ohms...any advice, suggestions??

Well that's a good question... electronic flashers, that need to be used with leds, are not resistance (load) driven... you can use them with incandescent or led bulbs. It's just an electronic switch circuit I guess. I have another new Custom LED ELFR-1 like I used on my bike for the led conversion project. Let me take a look at it...... OK, It reads about 2.03 meg ohms if that helps you at all.