How do you keep swingarm looking good ?

My swing arm starting to look like it is getting some surface oxidation and of course some scratches and scrpes from rides and crashes and I was wondering if some polish or sos pads or scotch brite would work. I usually coat my bike with wd 40 after a ride and a wash and the rest of bike still looks good only the swingarm looking a little ratty. Does it have a special coating?

Thanks for any ideas.

Arnie EXC450

There is no coating on any shiny aluminum parts,,so any kind of polish that has fine grit will bring luster back to those parts. Unfortunately clearcoating it will not last long. Ocassional elbowgrease does the job and also allows you to check for loose parts up close.

Mothers aluminuim polish is the best, if heavy scratches, wet sand with 320 working to 1000 then use Mothers. If done regularly like after every ride it takes only moments to polish the swingarm and keep it looking great.

Bought some Mothers and some Never dull and some Scotch brite and some 1500 grt sandpaper. That swingarm is gonna glow by sunday afternoon. Now if only I could fix tht fork seal. I rode my sons J.M. prepped yz 125 yesterday on the trail for fist time cause mine was wounded and I dont know how that boy rides that thing in the woods cause its so wicked Wegot on a long stretchof about 1 mile with a lot of little jumps and twisties man I was gone and when I got to the end I was wondering where everybody was and I waited and waited and waited and thought they had crashed but no they finally showed up and they thought I had taken a wrong turn cause they never saw me.Now I understand how Wattsie does so well on the little 200 2 smoke.

Sorry for the mistakes my computer acting weird and wont space or backspace. 🙂

Arnie