out for the season...already??

yupp thats right i just broke my fibula(lower leg bone)­čśĆ on my friends rm250 i hit a jump and the bike laid over and i wasnt about to let her slap the hard dirt so i put my foot out and landed all of my wait on my left leg and wow i just yelled my legg!!! is broke my friends like sweet and i rode all the way home with one foot on the peg:bonk:

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/ace424/?action=view&current=brokeassleg-1.jpg

I can empathize. I'm out for good. June 27th...triple gone wrong.

- Both lungs collapsed. Left recovered on it's own. Right needed a chest tube

- Five broken ribs (three on the right, two on the left)

- Broken back. My T2-T7 are now titanium fused.

This is my second major accident in a year. Doctor said I came about 1/8" away from being in chair. I figured that's enough. Sure gonna miss it!

Good luck on the healing. Take it easy and don't push it. Let it heal right.

Bad part it looks like theres a piece floating in there. That could vbe fun for them to strighten out and get right. Good luck my man! Ive yet to take serious injuries, my worst is a almost broken, sprained ankle. That happened only 20 miles into an all day ride of about 90 miles. I rode well though... Once again good luck and just let it do its thing

thanks alot guys for the positive comments im realy hoping it heals right and nedirtbiker *** man that is just rough how big was the tripple what went wrong??
Wasn't that terribly big. It's an 85-footer. Just ended up casing the crest of the landing and it launched me like a mo-fo!

Honestly, I'm quitting for the sake of the family. I'm the main bread winner and the emotional stress on the wife/kid isn't worth it. Especially since I spent 11 days in the hospital last August for screwing up a 100+ footer. Not the same type of jump. It was a down hill triple last year. Made the distance fine...just ended up with my ass end too high in the air and did a pretty hard face plant. Bike and me tumbled together breaking this and breaking that and the rest is history. If it was just me, I'd sit out the rest of the season and be back next year. Oh well...

Take care of yourself. Be careful (to a point.) After that, just let it all hang out! :banana:

Hey! I just realized you're in Jersey! What exit? :eek: Spent three years in Cape May (USCG.) Once we were able to get out of Wildwood and into base housing, I liked it. I wasn't a big fan of Wildwood. Boardwalk itself was okay, but just didn't like living so close to all of it.

Good luck - take care - I've been out 4 months with a fractured scaphoid in my left wrist - that little bone is a booger to heal - of course I didn't help it any by riding once and surfing on it before it was "immobilized" by my doc :banana: Got at least one more month before I can consider re-hab - depending on how I heal...

I can empathize. I'm out for good. June 27th...triple gone wrong.

- Both lungs collapsed. Left recovered on it's own. Right needed a chest tube

- Five broken ribs (three on the right, two on the left)

- Broken back. My T2-T7 are now titanium fused.

This is my second major accident in a year. Doctor said I came about 1/8" away from being in chair. I figured that's enough. Sure gonna miss it!

Good luck on the healing. Take it easy and don't push it. Let it heal right.

Now you heal up & take up off road riding. Jumping into the Heavens is not in your future

Good idea! I rode woods also and wish I would've stuck to that. Damn!

Perhaps you can heal up and convince the wife that putting around in the woods is not as risky. :banana:

Would be better than never riding again I would think.

First of all I hope you get well soon.

And I am sympathetic to your situation, I ride only woods, June 20th Inyan Kara National Enduro, high speed section 45+ MPH stick leg out then hit high ground, shattered Tibial Plateau and I mean broke the crap out of it, 3 hours of surgery, split the thing in the back, bone grafts etc. Im 5 weeks post op and this sucks, wont try walking for 3 or 4 more weeks, done for the season....sucks

Wife wants me to quit but not ready to make that decision.

So I feel for you.

34591_1365278970237_1179534118_30830575_3129112_n.jpg

First of all I hope you get well soon.

And I am sympathetic to your situation, I ride only woods, June 20th Inyan Kara National Enduro, high speed section 45+ MPH stick leg out then hit high ground, shattered Tibial Plateau and I mean broke the crap out of it, 3 hours of surgery, split the thing in the back, bone grafts etc. Im 5 weeks post op and this sucks, wont try walking for 3 or 4 more weeks, done for the season....sucks

Wife wants me to quit but not ready to make that decision.

So I feel for you.

34591_1365278970237_1179534118_30830575_3129112_n.jpg

I almost did the same thing JS did at that national when he got down and out for the rest of the season. When he put his foot out he hit a rock and totally effed him up. I almost did the same thing. thankfully Im not fast and wasnt far from the truck! had to take a 45 min break after that one.

Now you heal up & take up off road riding. Jumping into the Heavens is not in your future
Perhaps you can heal up and convince the wife that putting around in the woods is not as risky. :banana:

Would be better than never riding again I would think.

Unfortunately, I already played that card as a result of last years crash. I really had all intentions of sticking with trails. I even bought a membership to a private area riding club. I knew I'd still be doing tracks here and there, but thought I could control myself. I just have the "I can do this" attitude (even if I can't.) I just can't help it. Once I come across an obstacle (jump,) I just find myself acting like a crack addict. I just GOTTA do it (or, at least try to do it.)

She's a good girl. Been together 26 years and she means the world to me. Right now, I'm not happy about leaving the sport, but she's much more of a priority for me than riding. It is what it is.