Suspension Help

I own an 09 WR and i need a little help w/ the suspension. When i'm crusing down trails and run over a log the ass end wants to shoot me right over the bars almost. What can i do to fix this? I tried to slow my rebound but this didn't seem to do to much. thank you

(NB: Not trying to be oppositional, there's enough of that in this forum! LOL! Just my two cents worth....)

..... I'm no suspension guru and I'm sure someone is going to shoot me down here, but I reckon I'd try less high speed compression damping myself.

Sounds to me like the shock isn't compressing enough as you hit the logs and this combined with the compressed air in the tyre is sending the back end up.

You can't afford to go down too many clicks though because this might cause other issues elsewhere.

BTW... Is your spring preload setting right for your weight? Could be too stiff in this regard too.

Greg

Yup, I agree with Greg ... first check your rear spring preload (details in the manual), once that is set right and it is still happening then try less high speed compression on the shock (screw the big bolt counter clockwise, don't go more than 1/2 a turn before trying it). And you might have to slow down the shock rebound (turn bottom clicker in 2 clicks) ... but I'd do that last.

Oh, and I am far from a suspension expert, these are just the steps I'd try.

(NB: Not trying to be oppositional, there's enough of that in this forum! LOL! Just my two cents worth....)

..... I'm no suspension guru and I'm sure someone is going to shoot me down here, but I reckon I'd try less high speed compression damping myself.

Sounds to me like the shock isn't compressing enough as you hit the logs and this combined with the compressed air in the tyre is sending the back end up.

You can't afford to go down too many clicks though because this might cause other issues elsewhere.

BTW... Is your spring preload setting right for your weight? Could be too stiff in this regard too.

Greg

Compression and rebound work hand in hand. You should be paying attention to both. You might be compressing too fast and also rebounding to fast. I would slow down both.

Does the back end feel bouncy? How is your lower back? Is it tired and sore. You might be compressing too much.

If the back end gives you a hard firm jolt, then you are not compressing enough.

Read the manual, it gives you a good guide for adjusting. That will get you closer.

Compression and rebound work hand in hand. You should be paying attention to both.

You are dead right of course mauricedorris, but he originally stated that he had already "slowed" the rebound down with little result, that's why I steered towards compression damping adjustment more. :banana:

Greg

You are dead right of course mauricedorris, but he originally stated that he had already "slowed" the rebound down with little result, that's why I steered towards compression damping adjustment more. :banana:

Greg

I think we all are really guessing. Its not known exactly how many clicks he went in on the rebound. Usually, I need 2 clicks before I can notice a big difference.

At 150lbs, I would be going back to the stock settings and taking it from there. With gear and a full tank of gas, he's probably riding at about 180, which is close to stock setup.

Either way, he's got a bit to learn (as do we all!) about dialing in the suspension.