Still TOO Lean?????????

Well I have had the carb apart three times and I still think it is TOO lean:banghead: It run fine when I am on the gas,But if I am just cruising down the roan at 50 or 55mph it surges back and forth,like its running out of gas. When I speed up it runs great. I still have 58/160 in it and will probably go up to 60/160 this weekend. I cant get the mixture screw to fix this problem,2 turns out is idles fine but surges,2.75 turns it idles up and down,up and down.here is my 200 mile plug.😏

sparkplugs002.jpg

Well I have had the carb apart three times and I still think it is TOO lean:banghead: It run fine when I am on the gas,But if I am just cruising down the roan at 50 or 55mph it surges back and forth,like its running out of gas. When I speed up it runs great. I still have 58/160 in it and will probably go up to 60/160 this weekend. I cant get the mixture screw to fix this problem,2 turns out is idles fine but surges,2.75 turns it idles up and down,up and down.here is my 200 mile plug.😏

sparkplugs002.jpg

You sure you don`t have an intake leak somewhere......or the float set too low..

B

I have sprayed that b12? carb cleaner all around the carb when warm and cant find any leak... I havent touched the float level and inspect the inside of the carb every time that I open it..New bowl gasket also..The bike is only about 3 months old.1300 miles.. I wonder if the Powercore4 pipe breaths better than say the Q,and may need richer jets. Like I say it runs great,but either idles funny or surges depending on screw setting.Thanks:ride:

I have sprayed that b12? carb cleaner all around the carb when warm and cant find any leak... I havent touched the float level and inspect the inside of the carb every time that I open it..New bowl gasket also..The bike is only about 3 months old.1300 miles.. I wonder if the Powercore4 pipe breaths better than say the Q,and may need richer jets. Like I say it runs great,but either idles funny or surges depending on screw setting.Thanks:ride:

What happens if you screw the screw in all the way,,will it stall..

B

Edited by brianhare

from wut u describe i wud be inspecting the needle, needle seat, diaphram and spring installation...possibly raising the needle a little bit...

...assuming the snorkle is removed and clean air filter 😏

😏

I did raise the needle when I did daves mods and will check it again on Saturday to make sure everything with the top of the carb is still in order.I even brought the carb in the house to work on it because I didnt want to take any chances of getting the insides dirty. When I screw the screw all the way in it does die in a couple of seconds.. That picture of the spark plug is not very... It is actually almost white on the other side and just slightly tan on the closer side.thanks P